Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insteon and Z-wave Sensor, Can They Be Used??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon and Z-wave Sensor, Can They Be Used??

I would like to use the Insteon and Z-Wave security sensors as the X10 units are fairly large compared to these.

I have purchased two Insteon Door/Window sensors and it seems I can see them, but the only option I have is to add them as type "DS10A"??

Will this work with Insteon and Z-wave Door/Window sensors etc...

Thanks,
    Rich

No luck this far...

Well I tried a few times with no luck to get the two Insteon sensors to be seen by the plugin.

Also seems to be no reply / help on the forum...

Do I really have to buy those over-sized X10 boxes?

Comment

Bob/Blade is on vacation for about a month so it may be a few days before you hear from him.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the update... We all need time off from time-to-time.

I was hoping someone, doesn't have to always be Bob, would know the answer.

I'm about to call buying this plugin a bust and buy an actual alarm system. Really liked the work he put into this one, but it seems to be locked into only the bulky X10 door and window units. I was able to get my Insteon Motion Sensor to register, but not the door units.

Now to be fare, I'll actually have to spend some time finding and reading through any documentation that might exist on the plugin before giving up. So that's my goal for tonight.

Thanks again,
        Rupp

Comment

No answer, guess it's NO...

Well I'll have to guess the answer is NO since there is no answer...

Now I need to figure out how to uninstall this plugin. How does one uninstall a plugin, I'll have to do some reading.

Wonder if I can get credit towards the DSC plugin as I have decided to no longer go down this route... The X10 modules are just way tooooo big. I'll be placing an order for a DSC 1832 system next week.

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
            Well I'll have to guess the answer is NO since there is no answer...

Now I need to figure out how to uninstall this plugin. How does one uninstall a plugin, I'll have to do some reading.

Wonder if I can get credit towards the DSC plugin as I have decided to no longer go down this route... The X10 modules are just way tooooo big. I'll be placing an order for a DSC 1832 system next week.
            You use the add/remove programs or programs and features to remove newer plugins otherwise you can simply disable the plugin via the Setup > Interfaces menu.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X