Help with HST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with HST

Is there a way to set this up to work with HST? I just cant figure out how to arm/disarm via HST since I have a passcode set in BLSecurity.

I'm surprised... No help :-(

Comment

I do not use HSTouch so I am not much help. I have never used it once.

I am pretty sure I saw someone using it in HSTouch. You just need the right person to read this post.
      You may be able to display the security panel page right in HSTouch but not sure how that is done. Maybe a HSTouch guru can comment.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I am using it in HST. I copied Blade's security panel image to use as a background and then made buttons to do the arm, disarm, etc. I am not using a pass code so not sure how that would work, but it probably is do-able.
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

This is my security screen. When the disarm button is pressed, a little keypad pops up where the user code is entered. When the enter key is pressed, it calls an HS script and passes the code to it. The script does a test to check if it is a valid code and if it is, disarms the partition using the supplied code.

- Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Would you mind sending the script you use? Are you able to set different codes for different people? Or do you set different event scripts all to run on the same button?

Comment

Originally posted by cpd5899 View Post
              Would you mind sending the script you use? Are you able to set different codes for different people? Or do you set different event scripts all to run on the same button?
              Here is the script. I chopped out all the personal stuff. I think it still should work if you fill in your disarm codes. You'll notice that I set a virtual device state depending who disarms the system. You'll also need to create an event that disarms the partition.

The user enters their code into the keypad screen. When the enter key is pressed, this script is called and passes the typed code as ScriptParameter 1. Lastly, the enter key closes thee keypad screen. I know that some screens don't actually close the keypad screen does. Go figure.

Hope this helps.

- Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RJS View Post
                Here is the script. I chopped out all the personal stuff. I think it still should work if you fill in your disarm codes. You'll notice that I set a virtual device state depending who disarms the system. You'll also need to create an event that disarms the partition.

The user enters their code into the keypad screen. When the enter key is pressed, this script is called and passes the typed code as ScriptParameter 1. Lastly, the enter key closes thee keypad screen. I know that some screens don't actually close the keypad screen does. Go figure.

Hope this helps.

- Robert
                Robert... Thanks for the quick response...

Can you give me a little help on how to actually set up the pass code screen to suit the info into the script? I'm still very green with all HS can do

Comment

Robert... Thanks for the quick response...

Can you give me a little help on how to actually set up the pass code screen to suit the info into the script? I'm still very green with all HS can do
                  Here's what the keypad looks like. Nothing spectacular. The gray area is a text box called "Display, Disarm". When a key is pressed, for example the "1" button, Actions When Released is defined as follows:
                  Append text to a text box Element >> Keypad, Disarm Display, Disarm >> 1
                  Likewise for the other number pads. The "X" key performs 2 functions:
                  Clear a text box element >> Keypad, Disarm Display, Disarm
                  and Close a screen >> Keypad, Disarm

The button that looks like a fast forward button is actually the enter button and it is defined as follows:
                  Homeseer: Run a Homeseer script with values from element(s) >> DSC_Alarm_Code_Input.vb >> Main >> ScriptParameter1: Display, Disarm
                  and Close a screen >> Keypad, Disarm

Make sure your script is in the script folder in the Homeseer folder.

That's it.

- Robert
                  Attached Files

Comment

When I enter the event name in the script... Is it just the name of the event itself or the group and event name

Comment

When I enter the event name in the script... Is it just the name of the event itself or the group and event name
                      Just the name of the event.

Comment

Ahhhh.... That's probably where i was going wrong... LOL I'll try again tomorrow... (fingers crossed)

Comment

Robert,

So..... I seem to be missing something.... whenever I test it, it fails to run the script because the event isn't running cause it says never ran.... Here are screen shots of what I have.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I think I see your problem. I believe that a script must have a vb extension. So change the extension from ".txt" to ".vb". When I posted my script, I should have mentioned that the post does not allow .vb posts so I changed the extension.

Sorry

- Robert

Comment

I will try once home.... YTG... Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X