Is anyone using this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone using this?

Hi, I have had questions about this plugin and no one seems to be engaged in this forum so I was wondering if anyone else out there is still using this plugin? The price was definitely right for this - and I appreciate all of the work done to provide this to the community. But I plan on making some more investments in my alarm system - new sensors, etc. And I don't want to do this if the plugin isn't going to be supported in the future and there is no community to help. The Caddx system is not the easiest to program - the interface (using the DL900 software) is terrible. Plus I have noticed certain issues such as slow response when triggering events from motion sensors, etc. All of which might be solved with input from the community, but with no community there is no help.

I'm using it. Not having any issues. I haven't used the DL900 software, so cannot comment on it. (I did my programming from the keypad, which is definitely not user friendly.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for responding. Programming from DL900 is provides more capabilities but is a nerve wracking activity - always afraid that I am going to change one zone type and screw up the whole system.

Some quick questions for the community:

I have some events that trigger lights based on motion. I see a significant delay - 2-3 second most of the time. I bought a cheap Z-wave motion sensor and put it in the same location and it triggers almost instantaneously. I was wondering what others are experiencing with the response time for motion activated events. It's always possible I have this zone setup as a different type in the Caddx that might not trigger as quickly, etc.

Is it possible to trigger an alarm condition with non-caddx devices. For example if another motion sensor that is plugged into homeseer sees motion, I want to send a signal to Caddx and let it know. So if the alarm is armed, then it would start beeping the keypads and looking for the user code to be entered. I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Finally - is there a wireless keypad available for the Caddx system? I want to add keypads at other doors and I currently don't have cables run to those locations. I would much rather get a peel and stick keypad.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
        I have some events that trigger lights based on motion. I see a significant delay - 2-3 second most of the time. I bought a cheap Z-wave motion sensor and put it in the same location and it triggers almost instantaneously. I was wondering what others are experiencing with the response time for motion activated events. It's always possible I have this zone setup as a different type in the Caddx that might not trigger as quickly, etc.
        I also see some delays from the CADDX motion sensors, but they are inconsistent. Sometimes the response is immediate, other times can be several seconds, as you are seeing.

Is it possible to trigger an alarm condition with non-caddx devices. For example if another motion sensor that is plugged into homeseer sees motion, I want to send a signal to Caddx and let it know. So if the alarm is armed, then it would start beeping the keypads and looking for the user code to be entered. I can't seem to find this anywhere.
        One way might be to attach a relay to a zone that is programmed to be an entry zone. If HS opens the relay, it will look like an entry door has opened.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. The delay makes it a problem for triggering lights. I will give the relay idea a shot. I imagine this is something that could be done by the plugin (triggering an alarm condition) but I don’t think any further work is being done.

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
            The delay makes it a problem for triggering lights.
            Definitely. I don't use my CADDX motion sensors to activate lights for that very reason.

I will give the relay idea a shot. I imagine this is something that could be done by the plugin (triggering an alarm condition) but I don’t think any further work is being done.
            You could, of course, replace the CADDX with a DSC system . . . if you're looking for a fun project to keep you busy.

Comment

What are the advantages of a DSC system? Will my Caddx wireless sensors work?

Comment

It's an active product. I think the CADDX system is at end of life. There are many DSC users on this board and at least three plug-ins, so I'm guessing there is more interest in enabling new feature requests. Unfortunately, I'm betting you would need to replace all your wireless sensors, but I don't know.

Comment

Does anyone know if Rien is still keeping this plugin updated? I have a ZeeS2 running ver 3.0.0.500. Can anyone verify whether this plug-in would work for this setup?

Comment

One way to find out is to install the plug-in as a trial and test it. You could also PM the author if he doesn't respond to your post.

Comment

I don't have the serial output board for my panel currently. Just thought I'd check and see if anyone was running something similar to my setup before I invested money in hardware.

Comment

I am running it. It is hooked up via serial and running fine. I am not absolutely positive how it is configured as I set it up so long ago. I have long been thinking about replacing the panel with something a little more up to date, that has better support for HA, and that is easier to configure. But I only run door sensors on external doors and a few motion detectors so there has not really been much of an impetus to switch out. If I did, I would want something that works with the same wireless sensors I have now for Caddx as it would be easier.

Comment

What hardware and HS3 version are you running it on?

Comment

Latest HS3. Not sure what panel I have - I know it has an NX-8 board and I use DL900 software to get to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X