No announcement yet.

SuperBus 2000 GSM Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try disabling the plugin and renabling it. Try it a couple of times. What port is the configuration screen on the plugin reporting as connected to the automation module.

I found it easier to connect serial (automation module) to USB on your Windows PC. Have you got a serial to USB cable to try it out.

As Varsc mentioned make sure you have 9600 8 bits and odd parity. Sounds like a protocol issue.If all else fails reinstall the plugin and cycle the panel by disconnecting the AC and disconnecting the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
      Try disabling the plugin and renabling it. Try it a couple of times. What port is the configuration screen on the plugin reporting as connected to the automation module.

I found it easier to connect serial (automation module) to USB on your Windows PC. Have you got a serial to USB cable to try it out.

As Varsc mentioned make sure you have 9600 8 bits and odd parity. Sounds like a protocol issue.If all else fails reinstall the plugin and cycle the panel by disconnecting the AC and disconnecting the battery.
      Thanks for the response. I tried recycling but that didn't work. I did power cycle the panel earlier and I did think that helped because the Tx/Rx light on the converter then started to light up, and it hadn't before.

I'm running HS3 off a desktop PC and it's impractical for me to USB all the way to it. (I'm still on the trial and I'm considering buying an S6 over just the software for the very reason of being able to better locate that and connect direct to it.)

But I do take the cable issue on board. Right now I'm using a male-male adapter and I'm going to try a different RS 232 cable so I don't have to use an adapter. And I'll check the baud rate and all that.

Thanks again. Great community here.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

The baud rate and parity were off!!! Thanks for reminding me to check that. Connected right away. Ahhhhh....feels so good!!!

I think I took for granted that the serial to ethernet device was just a simple box but that device by itself needs to be configured correctly.

Thank you!

Comment

It's nearly always an incorrectly assigned port or an incorrectly defined protocol. Sometimes the parity can flip to none for no reason so if you have any further problems make sure you check those items first.

Comment

Working...
          X