No announcement yet.

Alarm Trigger Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I only need Police, I don't need Police and Police Panic? The trigger will fire if it's automatic by the alarm and manual by a user thru the console?

Comment

Originally posted by JPStokesSr View Post
      Do I only need Police, I don't need Police and Police Panic? The trigger will fire if it's automatic by the alarm and manual by a user thru the console?
      Honestly I don't know Not sure what the difference is. I'm guessing the Police is only via the keypad. Panic is typically the remote panic buttons I believe. Press them and see

Z

Comment

I am trying to configure an event using CONCORD Triggers and I am getting an error in the log. The event is

IF The alarm [Alarm: Police] is tripped
        Apr-09 1:20:24 PM CONCORD Error TriggerProcessPostUI()
        Anytime I select any option under "Change Alarm:" I get the same error in the log.

Is anyone else seeing this issue or do I have something configured incorrectly?

Comment

Try posting a screen cap of your event so the logic can be seen

Comment

Here is what I have configured

Click image for larger version

Name:	Concord.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1298432

Comment

That's a leftover debug statement, it's not an error. Is the error the only reason you think it's not working?

Z

Comment

Silly question but is it sending your message. You never mentioned that.

Comment

I was trying to trigger on "Police" and when I set off the alarm it was not working. The status of Keypad Display in Homeseer was changing to "POLICEALARM (zone faulted)" so I assumed that was the proper trigger. I did some testing and here is what I discovered.

There are 21 triggers under "CONCORD Triggers" "Alarm"
                  1. Unspecified
                  2. Fire
                  3. Fire Panic
                  4. Police
                  5. Police Panic
                  6. Auxiliary
                  7. Auxiliary Panic
                  8. No Activity
                  9. Not Used
                  10. Low Temperature
                  11. Keystroke Violation (Touchpad Tamper)
                  12. Duress
                  13. Exit Fault
                  14. Carbon Monoxide
                  15. Latchkey
                  16. Siren Tamper
                  17. Entry/Exit
                  18. Perimeter
                  19. Interior
                  20. Near (Two Trip)
                  21. Water Alarm

I created a separate event for each one, could trigger the following and receive a message via pushover.

Open door (Group 10) = Entry/Exit
                  Open Window (Group 13) = Perimeter
                  Motion Sensor (Group 17) = Interior
                  Fire Button = Fire Panic
                  Police Button = Police Panic
                  Emergency Button = Auxiliary Panic

I like what I have working but have a couple questions. What would trigger the other 15 triggers? Ones I am most interested in would be "Fire" and "Carbon Monoxide". I tested and even set off the smoke alarms but did not see any of the 21 trigger. I have 2 wire smoke detectors (zone 8) (Group 26) attached to my system.

Comment

The Concord panel has a LOT of internal alarms that aren't necessarily available unless a matching piece of hardware exists or is programmed into the panel. Carbon Monoxide would be a good example as well as lights. I'm surprised the Fire alarm doesn't work though, I'll give that a check.
                    The alarms also vary by Concord model, there are 3 I believe. Which do you run?

Much of the alarming is determined internally to the Concord, and I'm not all that familiar with the internal programming, Matt is the expert there so I'll drop him a PM to see if he has some thoughts.

There is a bug we've discovered recently where if you Copy an Event it carries over incorrect condition information to the new Event which causes it to fail, so be sure to manually create each event, not copy them. I haven't had the time to figure that one out yet.

Z

Comment

If you're digging that deeply into the internals of the panel you should really have a copy of this beside you https://static.interlogix.com/librar...ion-manual.pdf

it will explain to you all you need to know about events and what ones are relevant to your setup with the hardware you have connected to the panel

Comment

Sorry about the "huge" delay but seems HS forum stopped sending me emails.

The Carbon Monoxide alarm for instance requires that hardware to be in place and setup. I had one long ago but it was problematic with false alarms. Also, the manuf. date wasn't what I'd hoped since these thins have a life expectancy. It did trigger the CO Alarm.

The Smoke/Fire should trigger and I would check the logs to see if it is or not as a first step.
                        Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X