Trigger Alarm remotely using plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Alarm remotely using plugin

Is there any combination of characters that can be sent to the panel to replicate the Fire, Police or Emergency key presses using the plugin.

Trying to figure out if an alarm condition could be triggered remotely or if there is a script or an Event that could achieve this.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
    Is there any combination of characters that can be sent to the panel to replicate the Fire, Police or Emergency key presses using the plugin.

Trying to figure out if an alarm condition could be triggered remotely or if there is a script or an Event that could achieve this.
    Not currently. The 0-9, *, #, A, B, C, D keys are all that are available.

Z

Comment

Pity. If you’re away from the home and viewing the premises on camera and see an intruder approaching the premises you could send out an alert before you have the door kicked in or the window broken.

Currently there’s no way of triggering an alarm using HS3 and the plugin. I do know it is possible to trigger these alerts using the corresponding hex codes directly to the AM/Panel. Have you ever tried them.

0x4c: 'Police Panic',
      0x4d: 'Aux. Panic',
      0x4e: 'Fire Panic',

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
        Pity. If you’re away from the home and viewing the premises on camera and see an intruder approaching the premises you could send out an alert before you have the door kicked in or the window broken.

Currently there’s no way of triggering an alarm using HS3 and the plugin. I do know it is possible to trigger these alerts using the corresponding hex codes directly to the AM/Panel. Have you ever tried them.

0x4c: 'Police Panic',
        0x4d: 'Aux. Panic',
        0x4e: 'Fire Panic',
        The decision to be primarily Read Only and not interfere with the normal operation of the alarm panel was made early on, since it's a system protecting against Fire and Entry. Messing too much with the operation of the panel could cause some liability issues since many of the panels are still connected to an alarm company. It's definately doable, but I'm not the one that's going to do it

BTW, I show the the keypad codes as:
        0Ch = Police Panic
        0Dh = Aux Panic
        0Eh = Fire Panic

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post

The decision to be primarily Read Only and not interfere with the normal operation of the alarm panel was made early on, since it's a system protecting against Fire and Entry. Messing too much with the operation of the panel could cause some liability issues since many of the panels are still connected to an alarm company. It's definately doable, but I'm not the one that's going to do it

BTW, I show the the keypad codes as:
          0Ch = Police Panic
          0Dh = Aux Panic
          0Eh = Fire Panic

Z
          Yes it’s one of those situations where you are supplying a free to use plugin for use in a commercial product which could of course expose the designer to problems down the line.

Most of these “added features” are starting to appear in the open source world though.

My thinking was along the lines of trying to replicate the features of the remaining three buttons on the keypad providing a feature that was already available locally, remotely.

As far as I know this equipment is no longer manufactured and when the panels begin to fail they will be replaced with more modern alternatives.

Comment

Working...
          X