Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke alarm in Troubled state

Hello all,

I have a smoke alarm in a troubled state. About a week ago it started beeping at me to replace the batteries, so I did. The beeping has gone away and there are no indication of issues on the panel, however the HomeSeer UI is showing troubled. I tried re-polling the device, but that never seems to work for me. Not sure what else to try or do.

reboot?

Comment

Couple of things you should check
      1. Restart the plugin and see if it syncs up. It should check every couple hours, but if the status was "flapping" it could have missed the final status.
      2. Check the LogPage and change to Source: Panel and confirm it saw both the alarm as well as the clear.

LMK,
      Z

Comment

Power down the panel and restart it. It's one of those faults thats best cleared that way.

Comment

As a test... try
          1. Enter your code
          2. Enter * 7 to reset

Not sure if this works as I don't rely on these type SD's. I have hardwired which doesn't do much good notifying remotely )

GE CO2 - alot of false signals and manuf date wasn't 4 or10 years but like 2 years life
          GE Smoke Det - no experience
          Matt

Comment

I've powered down the panel and restarted the HS3 service. No joy. I have no clue how this smoke detector checks in. I presume its a wireless device, but I can't force it to poll. I'll try what mattm55 suggests.

Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by matt1t View Post
              I've powered down the panel and restarted the HS3 service. No joy. I have no clue how this smoke detector checks in. I presume its a wireless device, but I can't force it to poll. I'll try what mattm55 suggests.

Thanks for the input!
              You need to first isolate where the problem lies. Panel or Plugin. Does your local display show the smoke detector as being faulted? When you clear it like Mattm says, does it display any alarms/errors?

Z

Comment

The panel is showing no fault on the smoke alarm, so I've been leaning towards the plugin not updating, which is evident as the last status update on on 10/8. I figured there may be a way to re-poll the device, but that does not appear to work. I may have the plugin go in and relearn everything.

Comment

Have you tried deleting the sensor from the security panel and re-enrolling it. I've done that with problem motion sensors before and it's worked.

Comment

Originally posted by matt1t View Post
                    The panel is showing no fault on the smoke alarm, so I've been leaning towards the plugin not updating, which is evident as the last status update on on 10/8. I figured there may be a way to re-poll the device, but that does not appear to work. I may have the plugin go in and relearn everything.
                    Assuming you've done:
                    1 + code (off)
                    *+*

Also, can you force it to toggle status? Perhaps power it down and backup?

Otherwise, goto the Concord plugin->Config->Advanced->Zone Setup
                    Is your device listed and if so does it show an Error?

Also, can you send a screenshot of the Advanced page for the device in question.

Z

Comment

The only other solution is to disable and re-enable the plugin. If that doesn’t work delete the plugin and reinstall it. That will guarantee that any sensor correctly installed on the panel will be discovered by the plugin. It could be a corrupted configuration file

Comment

Working...
                      X