Touchscreen and any newer hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchscreen and any newer hardware?

well I am the original one that got the word out of how cool this would be if we had a plugin and it took off..
    appreciate it all too as it is a great plugin. When HS4 comes out, yes in beta, I will move my alarm to it as I only send emails via HS...

with that.. I feel the hardware is out dated but I also know that hw doesn't change much on this.

Anyone use a touchpad like this?
    https://www.interlogix.com/intrusion...-4-touchscreen

just trying to spice things up a bit as the alpha keybad is bleh...

hah...
    thx...
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

I'm using an old IPad Mini as a touch screen and it's more than capable for the job. Don't rush in to buy the touchscreen you mention. As you may know Interlogix is shutting down from the end of the year so a bargain may be had on parts when that happens https://www.securitysales.com/busine...t-end-of-2019/

Comment

Well, that's good to know. Maybe we should stock up on wireless sensors too?

I have looked at the touchscreen and wondered if it would be a good addition? I've also thought about transitioning to ELK but since the Concord just works, it's been on the very back burner for me. I prefer to keep adding the IP cams around the house. )

Comment

I’m exactly the same. I bought a backup panel on eBay a while back. Came with six wireless sensors. Luckily it had the Installer code so was able to default everything.

I was considering changing over but as you say it does everything so why fix something that’s not broken. I do love the analogue equipment too and GE equipment is generally rock solid.

There was one thing I wanted on the plugin though. The ability to trigger the alarm remotely. That’s the Fire,Police and Auxiliary buttons on the keypad.

Imagine your camera sends you a movement notification. You check your camera and notice unwanted attention around your premises. You trigger your alarm before your window is broken or your door is pushed in.

Comment

Working...
        X