Concord Automation Module Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord Automation Module Connections

While I have no issues with my Digi Edgeport 4 Serial > USB connection from the Automation module, I thought it was time to try something different. I want to be able to move to a Serial > LAN connection. I think it will help testing changes to the PI for a HS4 version on another system instead of the "live" server.

I just grabbed one of these off AMZ and was wondering what others are using for the Serial (AM) to HS Server?
    Global Caché IP2SL-P iTach TCP/IP to Serial Converter with Power Over Ethernet (PoE)

Matt

Interesting but a bit pricey. Using a Raspberry Pi 3+ with an FTDI chipset serial to USB cable. All housed in the Concord 4 panel and powered from the 12v battery via a 12v to 5v buck. That setup covers the UPS side of the setup? I've enough boxes on the system now so wouldn't find any great need to add another.

Comment

Yes, I always forget about RPi and running HS off there as well. I do the same to monitor my house generator. That's a pretty cheap solution. I've actually steered away from RPi 4 for heat reasons but have one ready to go (with fans).

I went with the new solution to be able to have the panel and server located in a different areas and to be able to swap connections while I test while coding and not using my prod system.

The Digi Edgeport has been flawless for me. Just was wondering what others used.

Thanks, Matt

Comment

for that price you could get a 4 port. I have one of these in a box somewhere... never used it yet.. will in next house.
        EDS4100

https://www.lantronix.com/products/eds4100/

$99 free shipping
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lantronix-E...sAAOSw2A9edCJS
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Yes, that looks like another solution for Serial/LAN. The problem sometimes is the chipset used could be problematic with Windows drivers. I have great luck with my old Edgeport 4 in 1 Serial to USB. I think I have another model that I never tested and this new one for Serial/LAN. So far so good.

I missed the PI completely although I have a PI monitoring my gen thru Serial direct connected to the Pi and then sending thru Wifi/LAN. Woops.
          https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KJSS5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Matt

Comment

Working...
          X