Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
    Yes, I don't think that post was mine )

I have some time to work on a few plugins in parallel. I will grab the latest version from "vasrc" and start a new HS4 Concord 4 version from that point. HS4 will be the focus and leave the HS3 version as-is.

I am also working on a Venstar pi that will read my local thermostat. I've been bitten before with cloud h/w and won't or be hesitant to go that route. StreamLabs Water for one.

-Matt
    That’s good to hear. I know the panel is now officially obsolete but there’s still a healthy user base out there. I think

vasrc has covered nearly all the bases with the HS3 Concord plugin.

I imagine its just a case of migration with a few minor tweaks at this stage just in case 😂

I for one avoid the cloud solution like the plague. Thankfully my setup has little or no reliance on it. I think the latest IFTTT debacle proves that.

Stay local I say 👍

Comment

agreed on cloud solutions... try and stay clear.

Even though my HS4 has been having issues, Concord plugin just works...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

mattm55 Any update on a migration to HS4 for this plugin. I was just reading back on the migration from HS2 to HS3 recently and the plugin rewrite as a result.

Do you envisage a rewrite in this case. It’s looking like HS4 has stabilized somewhat since I first created this post so have you managed to get started on the move to HS4.

Comment

Yes, moving along when I can. I have a few connection changes from vasc too. No release yet. Hang tight.

Yeah, seems to be more stable. No rewrite but more of a cleanup and functional where its missing.

Comment

Yes, moving along when I can. I have a few connection changes from vasc too. No release yet. Hang tight.

Yeah, seems to be more stable. No rewrite but more of a cleanup and functional where its missing.
            I didn’t think so. The change from HS2 to HS3 would have been a bigger undertaking.

It was interesting to read again how the whole Concord 4 plugin came about. Originally cannibalized from the Caddx project. There was some frantic exchanges during that period. I imagine many of the original contributors have moved on since.

In fact it was only when you mentioned that you had the Advent panel it reminded me where I originally saw that mentioned. Obviously that threw you a bit on the subject of RF being built in to the Concord 4. I imagine the Advent was more geared towards basic domestic setup and the Concord 4 towards advanced domestic/commercial.

Hopefully we will see something soon as I’ve settled in to the look and feel f HS4. To be honest the Concord 4 plugin is mainly why I’m still using HS.

I’ve setup the Concord 4 with Vera and Home Assistant for others but I still think the HS Concord plugin is miles ahead in terms of functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

In fact it was only when you mentioned that you had the Advent panel it reminded me where I originally saw that mentioned. Obviously that threw you a bit on the subject of RF being built in to the Concord 4. I imagine the Advent was more geared towards basic domestic setup and the Concord 4 towards advanced domestic/commercial.
              Actually, I think the Concord Ultra was the residential system just before Concord 4/Express. It's more modular in design as everything is an add-on. I was lucky it met the AM ver 2.5 requirements.

One thing I've missed is getting the Toolbox software working. That would have been interesting.
              Matt

Comment

Actually, I think the Concord Ultra was the residential system just before Concord 4/Express. It's more modular in design as everything is an add-on. I was lucky it met the AM ver 2.5 requirements.

One thing I've missed is getting the Toolbox software working. That would have been interesting.
                Matt
                Is that the EDS you are referring to.

Comment

Is that the EDS you are referring to.
                  Yeah. The old s/w was called Toolbox. I think both require a modem however but never investigated fully.
                  Matt

Comment

Yeah. The old s/w was called Toolbox. I think both require a modem however but never investigated fully.
                    Matt
                    Yes a rather antiquated modem by today’s standards too. The EDS is really only suitable for anyone installing panels on a large scale commercial basis.

Most installers just have a preconfigured template bin file which they flash to a blank EEPROM and swap it out with the factory supplied EEPROM.

A site survey and consultation with the client later and all the configuring of the panel is done at base so it’s literally the installation of the panel and in most cases wireless sensors, commissioning of the panel and you’re good to go.

The one advantage of the EDS was the ability to flash software updates from GE but that can be done simply with an SPI.

Reckon it wouldn’t be worth the trouble trying to get the EDS up and working now. I doubt we will see any further firmware updates from GE now that the hardware is discontinued.

I have a generic GSM dialler attached to the voice module which allows continued use of the phone facility. I’ve also run a connection from that GSM dialler to the Output on the panel. In the event of an alarm trigger an SMS is sent to my phone. Basically a belt and braces solution. A phone call, text and email notification. If I don’t react to that you’ll know why 😂

Comment

Yes a rather antiquated modem by today’s standards too. The EDS is really only suitable for anyone installing panels on a large scale commercial basis.

Most installers just have a preconfigured template bin file which they flash to a blank EEPROM and swap it out with the factory supplied EEPROM.

A site survey and consultation with the client later and all the configuring of the panel is done at base so it’s literally the installation of the panel and in most cases wireless sensors, commissioning of the panel and you’re good to go.

The one advantage of the EDS was the ability to flash software updates from GE but that can be done simply with an SPI.

Reckon it wouldn’t be worth the trouble trying to get the EDS up and working now. I doubt we will see any further firmware updates from GE now that the hardware is discontinued.

I have a generic GSM dialler attached to the voice module which allows continued use of the phone facility. I’ve also run a connection from that GSM dialler to the Output on the panel. In the event of an alarm trigger an SMS is sent to my phone. Basically a belt and braces solution. A phone call, text and email notification. If I don’t react to that you’ll know why 😂
                      ROFLMAO...... Happy Friday!

Comment

I just asked HS to add a HS Plugin category for Concord 4 in the forum.

1. I will release just the HSPI_CONCORD.exe to replace and I'll try to keep Changelog up-to-date.
                        2. Once we have the new section, I'll create a thread for suggestions (PI only please 😁) and feature requests. One might be Output Relay support?
                        Matt

Comment

👍

Comment

I'm still using HS3.

I just attempted to upgrade my Concord plugin from version 3.1.13.7 to 3.1.13.10 and "Install/Update of package Concord 4 Security Panel failed." was returned. I then attempted to upgrade a second time: "Installing package Concord 4 Security Panel" was returned but never went further.

Is the upgrade for HS4 and not HS3?

I'm using HS3 version 3.0.0.548 on Windows 10.

The version I'm currently using with HS3 is working fine but, I'm making preparations to upgrade to HS4.

Thanks

Comment

What does your HS log say..

Comment

The plugin in its current release works for both HS3 & HS4.

Your upgrade process is most likely the cause. Disconnect Concord, update, reconnect? Also vasrc said check logs to see the offending issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X