Better late than never

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better late than never

I've had a concord 4 system in my home for 10 years and homeseer for about the same time. Finally I'm trying to integrate the two today.

My system is currently centrally monitored with alarm.com and I don't have installer codes.

I did buy a Superbus 2000 and a db9 to USB to attach to my HS4 / Pi 4.

Any last minutes tips from Concord gurus before I break everything?

Thanks,

Devan

The central monitoring called me. That was awkward.

I think it's working, I can see status updates on my zones. I cannot arm or disarm the system via homeseer but I also do not see where to enter my panel codes.

Comment

Select the Concord plugin. From Configuration>Control>Settings enter your User Code for Arm/Disarm. Have you done this

Comment

Thank you for responding and sorry for the long delay. I'm no longer present at this installation but working remotely.

If I try and arm the system away using partition controls, the log reports:

11/1/2020 8:27:11 PM
        HomeSeer
        Device Control
        Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Away (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

But the system does not arm, confirmed by alarm.com app. The keypad displays the date and time.

If I use the virtual keypad "3+code" the system arms. The keypad displays * ARMED TO AWAY

I tried re-entering my code a few times under Control>Settings to make sure that wasn't the issue but still no luck.

Thanks for helping,

Devan

Comment

Originally posted by devanb View Post
          Thank you for responding and sorry for the long delay. I'm no longer present at this installation but working remotely.

If I try and arm the system away using partition controls, the log reports:

11/1/2020 8:27:11 PM
          HomeSeer
          Device Control
          Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Away (3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

But the system does not arm, confirmed by alarm.com app. The keypad displays the date and time.

If I use the virtual keypad "3+code" the system arms. The keypad displays * ARMED TO AWAY

I tried re-entering my code a few times under Control>Settings to make sure that wasn't the issue but still no luck.

Thanks for helping,

Devan

What code are you entering into the Control dropdown section. Are you confirming that it is acceptable to Arm/Disarm your system and ticking Remember Me.

Comment

I am entering the 4 digit secret code my installer programmed into my system.

I entered the code again and clicked remember me again.

From the device interface, I clicked disarm and the partition disarmed:

11/3/2020 1:22:39 PM

Legacy-Plugin
            CONCORD Info
            Panel Control changed to Disarmed by User: System Master

HomeSeer
            Device Control
            Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

When using the device interface, and selecting Arm Away, nothing happens.

11/3/2020 1:24:53 PM
            HomeSeer
            Device Control

There is no response labelled Concord Info after that.

If I use the virtual keypad and enter "3 + XXXX (secret code)" I get the response:

11/3/2020 1:27:06 PM
            Legacy-Plugin
            CONCORD Info
            Panel Control changed to Arm Away by User: System Master

Maybe my user is not authorized to arm? I never entered any user data but it did download from the panel.

Comment

I am entering the 4 digit secret code my installer programmed into my system.

I entered the code again and clicked remember me again.

From the device interface, I clicked disarm and the partition disarmed:

Legacy-Plugin
              CONCORD Info
              Panel Control changed to Disarmed by User: System Master

HomeSeer
              Device Control
              Device: Security CONCORD Panel Control to Disarm (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

When using the device interface, and selecting Arm Away, nothing happens.

11/3/2020 1:24:53 PM
              HomeSeer
              Device Control

There is no response labelled Concord Info after that.

If I use the virtual keypad and enter "3 + XXXX (secret code)" I get the response:

11/3/2020 1:27:06 PM
              Legacy-Plugin
              CONCORD Info
              Panel Control changed to Arm Away by User: System Master

Maybe my user is not authorized to arm? I never entered any user data but it did download from the panel.
              Do a screen cap of your settings where you you are entering your code and ticking Remember Me.

Comment

Also show your hspi_Concord.ini file in the Config directory. I'm guessing you don't have auto arm set...

Z

Comment

Thank you for your help, again sorry for the slow responses:

pi@HS4-BB:/opt/HomeSeer/Config $ cat hspi_Concord.ini
                  [Users]
                  250=QuickArm
                  255=Concord Plug-In
                  [Voice]

As you guessed, I don't see any auto arm set although the GUI indicated "Remember Code"

Thank you,

Devan

Comment

Have you got the Quick Arm feature enabled on the Concord 4 panel. Doesn’t look like it. Go to the Concord 4 control panel keypad and enter the following

8 your installer code 0 0
                    System Programming press #
                    Security #
                    Global B
                    Partition 1 #
                    Account Number B
                    Quick Arm (Set it to On)

When that’s done exit the menu.

If you’ve any difficulty following the above it can be found on page 49 of the manual https://static.interlogix.com/librar...ion-manual.pdf

Comment

I don't have the installer code. It's still monitored by a central service.

That being said, I have an eeprom reader and plan to hack it on the 25th.

Comment

Be very careful. If you get that wrong you’ll hose the system. Try post #34 here. Looks like it will resolve your issue without the need for the installer code https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...ng-wrong/page3

Comment

My monitoring company activated the quick arm features and now the plug in works completely.

They wouldn't tell me the installer code however and so far I have resisted pulling the eeprom.

I did figure out the system master code. Is that the same as the installer code?

Thanks,

Devan

Comment

My monitoring company activated the quick arm features and now the plug in works completely.

They wouldn't tell me the installer code however and so far I have resisted pulling the eeprom.

I did figure out the system master code. Is that the same as the installer code?

Thanks,

Devan
                            No. You need the Installer code to program your panel and activate certain features that are not available to the Master Code or the User code.

If you own the panel I don’t see why they can’t supply you with the Installer code.

As I said exercise caution if pulling the EEPROM to have a look at its contents. In many cases it’s cheaper to buy a used panel on eBay with known codes and replace your own.

Are you used to working with EEPROMs. Do you have a reader. If you do It’s a Microchip 24LC256 EEPROM chip. Be careful you don’t toast it though.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

If you own the panel I don’t see why they can’t supply you with the Installer code.
                              My guess is that they use the same installer code on all of the units they monitor.

Comment

Working...
                              X