Arm in stay with zones faulted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arm in stay with zones faulted?

I'm trying to setup an event that arms the panel in Stay mode and bypasses any faulted zone automatically (ie Window open).

My event looks like this

If manually triggers
    All Zones will be Bypassed
    Set Device Security CONCORD Panel Control to Arm Stay

If I have a Window open, it arms in stay but the keypad beeps with PROTEST continually.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Mike

OK. My first thought is to ask why you would want to automatically do this?

How is "it" going to know that you want to byPass this window this time, but not other times in Stay?

I'm just trying to figure out programmatically if this makes sense? Say you trigger this special event, let's byPass all group type "x" that are open. Maybe?

I'd have to try it on mine to see what happens.... something like a byPass All cmd?

Matt

Edit:
    From the manual....

Indirect bypassing. Use this method if you are arming the system and would like to bypass doors and windows already open.

To bypass sensors indirectly:
    1. Leave open only those doors and windows that are to remain open and close all others.
    2. Arm your system to the desired level (the sensor must be active before it can be bypassed).
    The touchpad emits protect beeps and displays PROTEST, because of the open sensors.
    3. At any touchpad press # (Bypass). The touchpad displays BYPASSED ZONES 0 or SENSOR 01 BYPASSED.
    The system sounds arming level beeps to indicate that the system is armed and open sensors have been successfully bypassed.
    To arm (unbypass) bypassed sensors, close bypassed doors and windows and arm your system again.
    Last edited by mattm55; January 12, 2015, 12:36 PM. Reason: Manual Update

Comment

I have a touch panel next to by bed and one of the buttons arms the alarm in stay mode. This works fine in the winter when all the windows are closed but in the summer if a window is open I get the constant protest alarm from the keypad. I want the event to be able to just bypass any open window when I fire it.

I understand how to do this from the keypad. I want to be able to do it from HomeSeer.

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by msbreton View Post
        I have a touch panel next to by bed and one of the buttons arms the alarm in stay mode. This works fine in the winter when all the windows are closed but in the summer if a window is open I get the constant protest alarm from the keypad. I want the event to be able to just bypass any open window when I fire it.

I understand how to do this from the keypad. I want to be able to do it from HomeSeer.

-Mike
        Yeah, I'm just trying to run this through in my head (logically) and think why and how this would be done. I was just thinking out-loud... )

I'll have to test it on mine to see if an event trigger works for this as you can capture an event and "bypass all".

Matt

Comment

FWIW, in a DSC panel, what you are trying to do is called "Force Arm". Hope that helps.

- Robert

Comment

Mine only protests for 30 seconds then bypasses and completes the arming level. not sure if that was set with a global command or not, but you might see if it arms anyway after getting done protesting for 30 seconds. or just send # after arm command to immediately bypass, but you can't necessarily do that from homeseer.

Comment

I did some more testing it would seem the plug-in's All Zones Bypass feature doesn't work.

I created an event that when triggered looks to see if a zone is faulted and if so issues the All Zones will be Bypassed command.

It didn't bypass the Zone and logged this error.

Jan-14 2:17:22 PM CONCORD Error An unexpected error occurred in the bypassFaultedZones() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_CONCORD.ConcordUtilities.setBypassFaultedZones(Int16 myPartition)]

I'm running version 3.0.1.11 of the plug-in on HS3.

-Mike

Comment

I created an event that when triggered looks to see if a zone is faulted and if so issues the All Zones will be Bypassed command.

It didn't bypass the Zone and logged this error.

Jan-14 2:17:22 PM CONCORD Error An unexpected error occurred in the bypassFaultedZones() function/subroutine: [System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array. at HSPI_CONCORD.ConcordUtilities.setBypassFaultedZones(Int16 myPartition)]
                -Mike
                Mike,

Can you give me specifics on the "event" and I will create on mine and test it later today?

Thanks, Matt

Comment

The event is very simple:

IF This event is MANUALLY triggered
                  AND IF Security CONCORD OFFICE has a value equal to Faulted
                  Then All Zones will be Bypassed

I've also tried just

-Mike

Comment

The event is very simple:

AND IF Security CONCORD OFFICE has a value equal to Faulted

I've also tried just

-Mike
                    Yes, I just want to make sure I am duplicating what your event is doing.

I get that same error if I just run the event....

1. I noticed that my Arm Stay thru the Home screen doesn't work? The Disarm and Arm Away does work.

2. While creating the event, it seems to show up Arm Away even though I choose Arm Stay

3. I can Arm Stay through the keypad but that is not what were looking at.

Give me a few days to debug. Working on setting up a wifi thermostat...

If anyone can verify that their Arm Stay button works on the Home screen, let me know. I am running the upgraded "3.0.0.152" which should be the latest version. Please do not use the beta versions if your looking for stability...

Thanks, Matt

Comment

Thanks.

What do you mean Arm Stay button "via home screen"?

-Mike

Comment

Btw, my version of the Concord plug-in shows 3.0.1.11.

-Mike

Comment

Btw, my version of the Concord plug-in shows 3.0.1.11.

-Mike
                          Yes, that is the latest version. I will ask if Darrell has x.12 ready before I make changes to x.11. That way I won't conflict with any of his changes.

I was referencing my HS3 version in the prior post.

Matt

Comment

Thanks.

What do you mean Arm Stay button "via home screen"?

-Mike
                            Yeah, that is why I try to get clarification before moving ahead. (i.e. How did you create and setup trigger, etc...) Everyone's interpretation is different.

This is the Arm Stay button that currently does nothing for me.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X