Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord 4 with Automation module

All,
    I have a GE concord 4 alarm system installed at my house. This includes 2 keypads operator panels, 1 central mother board, around 20 sensors (both wireless and hardwired). All the modules are communicating using the GE superbus2000. I just installed the GE automation module to be used as gateway to monitor the alarm remotely.

can I use homeseer software to control and manage my concord 4 alarm system? has anybody done or attempted the same plan?

Thank you for your comments.

I'm curious as to this as well . . . .

Also, is it possible to "root" a Concord system. I.e., I paid an alarm company to install ours. Is there any way to reset the system to get the installer password?

Comment

Originally posted by aagamb12 View Post
      All,
      I have a GE concord 4 alarm system installed at my house. This includes 2 keypads operator panels, 1 central mother board, around 20 sensors (both wireless and hardwired). All the modules are communicating using the GE superbus2000.
      Hello. You've come to the right forum. Welcome.

I just installed the GE automation module to be used as gateway to monitor the alarm remotely.
      That's a good start. If everything is setup, you should be getting a warning/error that the AM is not receiving signal. Unless you have it communicating through another means to get the ACK signal back to the AM. That's where the HS3 Concord plugin comes in to play.

can I use homeseer software to control and manage my concord 4 alarm system? has anybody done or attempted the same plan?

Depending on what you want to control or configure. Controlling the alarm is done through the plugin. Configuring the alarm like zones, codes, naming is done through the panel and not through the plugin. More info is needed to answer your question fully. Give HS3 and the Concord plugin a try. You'll like it....

Search the threads for documentation and screenshots...

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post
        I'm curious as to this as well . . . .

Also, is it possible to "root" a Concord system. I.e., I paid an alarm company to install ours. Is there any way to reset the system to get the installer password?
        I have not done it but a forum member has, I think. Search the forum for his steps. Did you try some common guesses (12345, 11111, etc...) Sometimes you get lucky...

UPDATED: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156326

Matt
        Last edited by mattm55; March 9, 2015, 11:13 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

[QUOTE=mattm55;1166713]Hello. You've come to the right forum. Welcome.

Matt,
          Everything (zones, alarms ect) is already setup and working correctly in concord 4 panel as standalone right now. Iam getting a warning/error that the AM is not receiving signal. i used a serial port scanner and send the ACK (60h) and the alarm went away temporarily since looks like you need something to constantly serve the Automation module with ACK. NAK etc.

per your comments sounds like the HS3 can do the monitor and control the alarm locally and remotely, correct?

Also, i just downloaded the HS3 software but it is a trial version only. what is the price of the HS3? sounds like it is not free.
          I need to research the documentation you are mentioning to properly configure the plugin.

Comment

I have HS3 connected to my concord 4 with the concord plugin and the automation module. pretty similar sized system with a mix of wired and wireless sensors, and 3 keypads.

You can arm/disarm from homeseer and also fire events based on signals from the sensors, within the limitations of the sensors. For instance GE wireless motions will violate and then sleep for 3 minutes before sending another motion alarm, so granularity for activating lights based on a motion detector that is blind for 3 minutes can lead to some unintended consequences.

The concord plugin is really stable, and was the first plugin i added to my hs3 system, rock solid. It does not support multiple partitions, fyi. (still shows sensors, but arm/disarm doesn't let you pick a partition.

I wouldn't rely on HS3 for notification or anything critical, i'd still have it call out to a central station, even if it's next alarm or somewhere where it's coming back to you as an SMS.

You can build some neat events though, open Z-wave lock with code, HS3 can disarm concord automatically. set concord away, HS3 puts the NEST in away mode.

Back gate opens after dark, household TTS announcement and back yard lights turn on for 5 minutes, regardless of whether the concord is armed or not.

Comment

Automation module and concord 4

ORNV

I installed the HS3 yesterday and it is working really well so much good information you can see here about my concord 4. I am using a converter from RS323 Serial to Ethernet and then connected to my router. I have tried this locally so far. I will enable port forwarding now so i can access the concord 4 remotely to continue testing.

Does anybody now what is the price for HS3?

Comment

ORNV

Does anybody now what is the price for HS3?
                There are all different flavors depending on what you need (new or upgrade, basic or pro version). Check out the store...

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...ftware-C5.aspx

Comment

GE plug in

Matt
                  i was required to rebuild my whole computer so i had to reinstall everything including HS3. now i cannot install the GE plug in seems like it is refreshing the plug list forever so it never become available for download. any ideas what is going on? see screenshot below.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it loads fine for me. Not that it helps solve your loading issue.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X