Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Connect Concord 4 to Hometroller Instructions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to Connect Concord 4 to Hometroller Instructions

    I just had a Concord 4 Alarm system installed to include the Super Bus Automation Module. The serial cable I used is an adapter that goes from serial to USB. Therefore it's plugged into the USB port in the front of the Hometroller. I cannot get the HS3 software to connect to the Concord using the plugin. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by Delay View Post
    I just had a Concord 4 Alarm system installed to include the Super Bus Automation Module. The serial cable I used is an adapter that goes from serial to USB. Therefore it's plugged into the USB port in the front of the Hometroller. I cannot get the HS3 software to connect to the Concord using the plugin. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    The USB->Serial dongle should be listed as one of the Com ports available. The plugin will display all of the serial ports it believes are available on the Config page.
    Which Comports are displayed in the dropdown box? Make sure to select Serial Port vs Network on the Connection type.

    Z

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      The USB->Serial dongle should be listed as one of the Com ports available. The plugin will display all of the serial ports it believes are available on the Config page.
      Which Comports are displayed in the dropdown box? Make sure to select Serial Port vs Network on the Connection type.

      Z
      Thanks vasrc!! For some reason I did that last night and it didn't work. Today it is working like a charm. Now I'm familiarizing myself with what all it will do. I may have more questions later. Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Delay View Post
        Thanks vasrc!! For some reason I did that last night and it didn't work. Today it is working like a charm. Now I'm familiarizing myself with what all it will do. I may have more questions later. Thanks
        Glad it's working now.
        Sometimes the Com selection can be a little sluggish, especially changing from IP to Serial. I'll have to look at that and see why.

        Z

        Comment

        Working...
        X