Security mode changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security mode changes

Firstly - I am enjoying the plugin. It is an improvement over my previous setup using z-wave virtual devices!

One thing I can't see how to do is trigger actions when there is a change from one security mode to another. I have events when Night mode changes to Off. I have different events when Away mode changes to Off. What I would like is if Night mode changes to Off then......
    As a workaround I am going to set up a counter that changes with Security mode so I can an And if statement.
    Is there another way to do it?

I don't think this is even possible as HS doesn't provide last status for devices. Your best bet is counter indeed

Comment

Maybe there is something here? https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...-testers/page1

Comment

Ian,

I'm not going to provide such feature in the plugin as this is not something related to controlling comfort. There is a simple method you can use; add a new virtual device and update that with the security state. Make sure your events which are dependent on previous alarm state run before the virtual device updates. (use 'run another event') within these events.

Frans

Comment

Originally posted by posixx View Post
          Ian,

I'm not going to provide such feature in the plugin as this is not something related to controlling comfort. There is a simple method you can use; add a new virtual device and update that with the security state. Make sure your events which are dependent on previous alarm state run before the virtual device updates. (use 'run another event') within these events.

Frans
          Thank you for letting me know.

Comment

Working...
          X