Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't Connect to Panel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can't Connect to Panel

    I'm having no luck connecting to my Comfort Alarm panel. I'm using a serial UCM and have tried configuring for USB and serial with no luck. Any pointers please? The setup I use works fine with a legacy V2 Homeseer Plugin.

    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hmm difficult to say. Those USB names looking strange to me. Are you running HS on windows? The plugin is only tested on windows as i don't have linux-based HS. It uses the same libraries as Comfigurator so if you are able to connect from comfigurator on the HS system you should also be able to connect from within the plugin.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm using windows. My Homeseer runs on a virtual machine. I will install the comfigurator software and see if I can connect via that and report back.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by posixx View Post
        Hmm difficult to say. Those USB names looking strange to me. Are you running HS on windows? The plugin is only tested on windows as i don't have linux-based HS. It uses the same libraries as Comfigurator so if you are able to connect from comfigurator on the HS system you should also be able to connect from within the plugin.
        Okay so I've got the comfigurator software to work, connects fine on COM6 - so I close that down and re-launch the plugin still says can't connect. If I check the debug comfort IO no command windows comes up in my virtual machine - so can't offer any error messages. Can the log output go to a file? Not sure where to go from here

        Attached Files

        Comment


        • #5
          Here is the output from the plugin window:

          Plugin: Cytech Comfort Instance: starting...
          Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
          Host API Version: 3
          Connected, waiting to be initialized...
          Starting Comfort plugin initialization.

          That's it I'm afraid when I press connect in the config no other messages or anything. Like I said this works fine with the comfigurator using com6 (serial).

          Comment


          • #6
            Hello, you mention the HS server is a viltual machine. So what type of comport is used as VM's generally don't have comports?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by posixx View Post
              Hello, you mention the HS server is a viltual machine. So what type of comport is used as VM's generally don't have comports?
              I'm using a Serial->USB converter. So far as the VM is concerned it's a local com port and behaves that way.

              Comment


              • #8
                I am aware of other applications that don't 'behave' properly with USB converters. I would be tempted to put a copy of Homeseer on a physical machine and then see it it works.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                  I am aware of other applications that don't 'behave' properly with USB converters. I would be tempted to put a copy of Homeseer on a physical machine and then see it it works.
                  Sadly I dont have a machine with a physical serial port.

                  Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What devices (ports) are listed in device manager on the VM you run the plugin on? And what brand of USB-serial converter you use? Also what settings you use in the legacy plugin?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by posixx View Post
                      What devices (ports) are listed in device manager on the VM you run the plugin on? And what brand of USB-serial converter you use? Also what settings you use in the legacy plugin?
                      I'm using a "future devices" USB serial adapter. It's listed in device manager and shows up as a com port just like any other. I know it's working as Comfigurator can open the the port and talk to the panel - in fact if I turn the monitoring on in the Comfigurator I can see the Comfort panel traffic log and I can upload and download the config no problem. The legacy plugin was using the same hardware named pjccomfort which was a v2 plugin only. Can I ask have you tested it on a serial UCM at all? Mine panel is rather old (ultra II) but works fine. To upgrade the UCM to a network variant would require new firmware and this was only possible with a chip swap on my model as I believe.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My comfort system only have network and USB. the plugin uses the same libraries as comfigurator so it should work i guess. I will look in the code later this week to see if i can find a cause.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by posixx View Post
                          My comfort system only have network and USB. the plugin uses the same libraries as comfigurator so it should work i guess. I will look in the code later this week to see if i can find a cause.
                          Sorry to pester, did you have any luck with this?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nothing found. I need to get my hands on an older UCM will take a while as i'm very busy right now with other stuff

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just checking in any news?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X