Zone stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone stopped working

I have a number of zones/Inputs in my Comfort. One is a garage door with a single magnetic sensor.
    When I set up the plugin it recognised all the zones/Inputs and they have all been working.
    A couple of days ago I noticed the garage door wasn't showing a change HomeSeer. The others are working.
    I have checked in Comfort via Comfigurator. It appears to be working. I can see the state change from Inactive to Active when I open the door trigerring the sensor. There are On and Off responses in Comfort associated with this sensor and they are working as they should.
    Today I disabled and then re-enabled the plugin, checked it was connected. No change.
    I then disabled the plugin and deleted the device in Homeseer and then re-enabled the plugin hoping it would re-create the device and it might work. However the device remains deleted.
    My next step maybe to delete the plugin and reinstall from the store, However I am hesitant in doing this in case none of zones come back.
    Any suggestions welcome.

Ian,

Very strange. If other devices like security mode are responding the connection is working so thar zone should work. Never had this behaviour before. The only reason i can think of is that the zone name has changed..

Frans

Comment

I haven't changed anything in the names of the zones. Even if I had, when I deleted it then disabled and re-enabled the plugin, should it not have come back?

Comment

I decided to restore a Homeseer backup from before I noticed it wasn't working. It is now working again. How odd, and thank heavens I backup!

Comment

Ian, very strange, if you delete the zone device, you have to go to the zones tab of the comfort configuration page, and click Save Zones again. It will create missing zones.

Frans

Comment

That is what I did, but it didn't recreate the missing zone. As everything is working since I restored a backup I can but assume it was a corruption somewhere.

Comment

Sadly it is not fixed!
              The zones appear to be stopping working one after another and now none are showing correctly in Homeseer. They appear to be working in Comfort as they are triggering responses.
              I see no errors in the HomeSeer log, the plugin config page thinks it is connected.
              I disabled the plugin through the plugins management page and re-enalbed it. It did not want to connect and I was getting repeated messages unable to connect in the log. I went into the plugin config page and hit the connect button. IOt connected and everything is working again.
              Unless we can get this working all the time it is of no use to me!

Comment

Ian,

i'm running the plugin for about 3 weeks straigh now, never missed a beat. I connecting through USB however. Maybe a weak network connection can be the cause? Please debug comfort output by select 'debug comfort I/O' on the configuration page, stopping the plugin, enable developer mode, and view the command window which is opened on the HS server. All updates from comfort are snown in that window. Please verify when another zone is stopping from working if comfort messages are still received in the command window

Comment

OK - I normally run HS as a service. In that mode the command window doesn't open. I have restarted HS from the desktop and will leave the command window open.

Comment

I can see a variety of commands that have appeared. What will I be looking for if a zone stops again?

Comment

when the zone stops in HS, you look at the debug window, to see if some string starting with "IP" is written as soon as you open and close the zone. Also check if other zones display output in this window

Comment

I will get back to this, but another pc just died and I need to rebuild that. I then go on holiday so it will be a little time before I can get back to sorting this out.

Comment

I've now had time to look at this. It seems zones stop working when I run HS3 as a service. I don't know why this is. I find running as a service useful if the server reboots when I am not there.

Comment

I use alwaysup for that. It runs homeseer like a regular program in user session mode, even programs which need interactive sessions.

Comment

Working...
                            X