Help with new DSC Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with new DSC Panel

As part of my build, my alarm system was replaced with a new DSC 1832 and all sensors replaced. I did not sign up for a service though and was hoping I could make a couple of tweaks myself.

I haven't been able to find any documentation for the changes I want to make and was hoping someone with more DSC experience could help me out. There's only two things I wanted to do before I start experimenting with plugins.

1) Change the default user code (might be the master code?).
    2) Add one sensor for my garage door (was going to use a 2 wire magnetic sensor).

If anyone has any words of wisdom I would appreciate it. Likewise if there is any documentation out there for installs that would be great.

Thanks
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Here is a link to user manuals for a number of DSC security systems, see http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/?topic=96.0
    Billy

Comment

I am reading that as a matter of fact. I have to admit though I'm a little confused on some details seemingly missing. This may have to do with the fact that I'm trying to learn this at the same time as the URC stuff I've been working on among other things. I'm a little burned out on manuals trying to keep up with this build. Hopefully I can figure it out but I found another issue today. I had a warning on the alarm system that the installer said was because the battery wasn't fully charged. I think that's wrong since today I shut down that circuit for some electrical work and found that the system shut down completely and now need the clock reset. You would think the installer would know what he's doing.....

This going to be a ton of work getting moved back in!!!
      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Working...
      X