• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addressable Device Issue

I have the following hardware in place.

1864 panel
    PK5500 LCD Keypad
    PC5100 2 wire addressable device interface module
    PC5108 8 zone hard wired expansion module (Configured for zones 33 - 40)
    AMB-300 addressable PIRs

I have a few questions.

Since the panel defaults zone 1 - 8 to its hard wire inputs, am I to assume that zone 1 - 8 on the PC5100 is not usable and I should start enrolling AMB-300 serial numbers starting at zone 9?

I have connected 1 of the PIRs to the PC5100 to understand the programming and make sure I can see it with the plugin before I run a bunch of wire and install all of the PIRs around the house.

After programming the serial number into the PC5100, I do not appear to get motion detection when I walk in the detection zone. The LED on the PIR does not light. When I put the PC5100 section 97 option 1 (Walk test LED ON) to ON, the LED on the PIR does light when you walk in the detection zone. When I turn the option OFF, the led does not light when you walk in the detection zone. If I understand the documentation correctly, with the walk test option on, it only checks for detector operation but does not generate a zone open back to the panel? If this is the case then why does the PIR not show detection when the walk test option is turned off?

I have verified that the panel can see the expansion module (zone 33 - 40) and that the panel is supervising the PC5100.

Now I did make some changes in the hardware configuration in that I originally configured the expansion module for zones 9 - 16. This, I think, has caused some issues with the plugin I am using, but I will deal with that after I verify the proper operation of the addressable PIRs.

Any ideas on why the PIR does not appear to be detecting motion?

Ken

Hi Ken,

I don't have an answer, but when I have a DSC config question, I post in the DSC section at http://www.diyalarmforum.com/. There are a few DSC gurus that hang out there and are very helpful.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Hi Ken,

I don't have an answer, but when I have a DSC config question, I post in the DSC section at http://www.diyalarmforum.com/. There are a few DSC gurus that hang out there and are very helpful.

Cheers
      Al
      As it turns out, I went there and found the answer to my question. As it turns out, the AMB300 does not normally light the LED when it detects motion. That is indeed an excellent forum.

I also worked out some other issues with how the panel was programmed. Somehow I managed to turn off a feature that kept my partition 2 devices from working.

Ken.
      Last edited by Ken LaCapria; January 14, 2014, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X