DSC causing "Rebuilding VR Commands"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC causing "Rebuilding VR Commands"

I'm getting an endless stream of rebuilding VR Commands due to config changes on all my speaker clients. The message appears anytime a zone is opened, which of course with lots of internal PIRs you can imagine it's almost a constant flow of them.
    Disabling the DSC plugin (or not moving around!) stops the messages appearing.
    Any ideas what's going on? I don't use any VR commands on my speakers.

20/02/2015 17:43:35:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:36:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:38:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:44:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:46:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:47:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:51:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
    I'm getting an endless stream of rebuilding VR Commands due to config changes on all my speaker clients. The message appears anytime a zone is opened, which of course with lots of internal PIRs you can imagine it's almost a constant flow of them.
    Disabling the DSC plugin (or not moving around!) stops the messages appearing.
    Any ideas what's going on? I don't use any VR commands on my speakers.

20/02/2015 17:43:35:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:36:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:38:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:44:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:46:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:47:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change
    20/02/2015 17:43:51:Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration
    Interesting. I just checked and I am seeing the same thing. However, it doesn't seem to be affecting anything.

- Robert

Comment

DSC causing "Rebuilding VR Commands

Same for me ...
      There must be a reason for that ?

Comment

I'm still getting the above message - anyone know a fix?

Comment

There are numerous post on this and it does not seem to be a issue.

Short story... Some have talked to Rich about it and he said that updating device values or device strings can cause the message to appear but that it was harmless.

See these posts:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=183374
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173362
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179235

I get the Rebuilding VR messages all the time...

The messages that seem to throw an error in the log is "Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar: The process cannot access the file... because it is being used by another process." Not sure why these show up from time to time...

Hope this helps...
          Billy

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
            There are numerous post on this and it does not seem to be a issue.

Short story... Some have talked to Rich about it and he said that updating device values or device strings can cause the message to appear but that it was harmless.

See these posts:
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=183374
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=173362
            http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179235

I get the Rebuilding VR messages all the time...

The messages that seem to throw an error in the log is "Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar: The process cannot access the file... because it is being used by another process." Not sure why these show up from time to time...

Hope this helps...
            Thanks.
            I get those grammar messages as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
              Thanks.
              I get those grammar messages as well!
              Yea, I wish there was a way to turn off the "Exception during grammar generation, loading grammar: The process cannot access the file... because it is being used by another process." message because these do not seem to be causing any issues and if they are... I have yet to find a way to fix it. If anyone has a fix for it, I am all ears.
              Billy

Comment

I see the same messages here on my Wintel Speaker dot exe clients all of the time; if I pay attention; but rarely do these days. It's been years now and VR is not enabled.

I have also seen the Exception error. Not sure now if it was related to W10 or rights to said running directory.

I have nothing to offer Billy as a fix here.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  I see the same messages here on my Wintel Speaker dot exe clients all of the time; if I pay attention; but rarely do these days. It's been years now and VR is not enabled.

I have also seen the Exception error. Not sure now if it was related to W10 or rights to said running directory.

I have nothing to offer Billy as a fix here.
                  Thanks Pete. I am running 3.0.0.218, it may help if I upgrade to a later release, but the system is very stable so kinda hate to mess with a good thing. What version are you running?
                  Billy

Comment

Here running with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291 (Linux) on Ubuntu 64 bit server on two boxes. I have not updated HS3 in a while and running stable with V.291.

HSTouch Server 3.0.0.94
                    Speaker Version 3.0.0.3

I run this speaker version on HS3 Pro / Linux Oracle VB Windows server for HS3 Lite and HS3 Pro and the Wintel Embedded clients (not all of them).

All of the HS touchscreens (production) are wired Atom based tabletops - IE Jogglers running embedded Wintel. Testing two other wintel devices. (16 + 2)
                    No Android nor any wireless tablets (except for testing stuff).
                    Last edited by Pete; December 19, 2016, 06:01 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Here running with HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.291 (Linux) on Ubuntu 64 bit server on two boxes. I have not updated HS3 in a while and running stable with V.291.

HSTouch Server 3.0.0.94
                      Speaker Version 3.0.0.3

I run this speaker version on HS3 Pro / Linux Oracle VB Windows server for HS3 Lite and HS3 Pro and the Wintel Embedded clients (not all of them).

All of the HS touchscreens (production) are wired Atom based tabletops - IE Jogglers running embedded Wintel. Testing two other wintel devices. (16 + 2)
                      No Android nor any wireless tablets (except for testing stuff).
                      Thanks Pete. I would like to upgrade to a later release to take advantage of some of the newer features. My wife would like one of the Amazon Alexa units and understand these can be integrated with the newer versions of HomeSeer. However, I have noticed that some users have posted issues with some of the newer releases and are experiencing missing or out of order events. Do you know if this is still an issue with these newer releases?

Speaking of Oracle, just took delivery of two Oracle Exadata racks at work, boy those are some real database machines... Looking forward to putting these units through some paces.
                      Billy

Comment

Working...
                      X