Reset status button DSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset status button DSC

How are you guys using the "Reset Status" button for status devices in DSC hS3 plugin?

I find it a bit of a hassle to have to reset the status to always get the latest update e.g from the LCD.
    Does anyone have any good procedures for making this a bit more user friendly?
    Last edited by Toby; April 24, 2015, 05:44 AM.

Reset Status

I set up an event with a partition disarm trigger that resets status and an option to limit re-run to 1min. Seems to work, without the limit it seemed to go into some sort of trigger loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefflsmith1 View Post
      I set up an event with a partition disarm trigger that resets status and an option to limit re-run to 1min. Seems to work, without the limit it seemed to go into some sort of trigger loop.
      I do something similar.

- Robert

Comment

So basically we all are creating events to get the status as it was in the hs2 version of the plugin?

Comment

Right. It does have it's uses. I don't need so many virtual devices anymore. When the system is armed away, for example, that device gets latched so a change in the partition doesn't reset it. The downside is that you have to create an event setting all the DSC plugin devices to reset status after the system has been disarmed. It can take awhile to write that event.

It would be helpful if that function were built into the plugin and would require an event to trigger it. Then with one simple command, all DSC plugin devices are reset.

- Robert

Comment

Working...
          X