This or the Envisalink plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This or the Envisalink plugin?

Hi everyone, I'm using the Envisalink plugin right now which works okay, having some issues with the logs but seems to work otherwise. I'm tempted though to buy the serial cable for the DSC alarm just to have it for future programming as sometimes when a battery is low I have trouble understanding which and so on so thought the cable would be handy. Just curious if the built in DSC plugin works the same, in that I can arm/disarm, see status and trigger events such as if alarm becomes disarmed, turn on these lights etc? Thanks!

Different things you're talking about here. The hs3 DSC plugin is just like the envisalink. It lets you arm/disarm, see status of zones. You need an IT-100 to use this, so more hardware. It does nothing the envisalink doesn't do, and in my experience the hs3/DSC one is poorly supported, has less functionality and doesn't work brilliantly.
    These are both totally separate from the programme which you use to manage the panel and see full status and needs a different interface panel

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Envisalink and it works like a charm. I tried the DSC one, and it seemed to miss triggers here and there.

Comment

Thanks I'll stick with the Envisalink for now, didn't realize I'd need an IT-100 I thought I could just buy that serial programming cable for $29.99 or whatever but guess that makes sense that it needs a module on the board.

Comment

Working...
        X