DSC 1832 w/ IT-100 lots of log activity and delayed responses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC 1832 w/ IT-100 lots of log activity and delayed responses

I recently added a DSC 1832 to my homeseer system (via an IT-100) using the homeseer DSC plugin. For now I only have two door sensors connected until I get it working. The doors show up correctly in my devices list. However, I noticed that their status does not update immediately when I open or close a door. It takes anywhere from 1 to 60 seconds to update.

Looking at the log, I see a lot of activity from the plugin (2-3 entries per second). Here are some examples:

Lots of Zone Restored Entries:

Aug-14 9:52:23 AM DSC Security Panel Response Processing response: Zone Restored->61005531
    Aug-14 9:52:22 AM DSC Security Panel Response Processing response: Zone Restored->61005430
    Aug-14 9:52:22 AM DSC Security Panel Response Processing response: Zone Restored->6100532F
    And lots of LED Status entries:

Aug-14 9:51:36 AM DSC Security Panel Response Processing response: LED Status->9034000
    Aug-14 9:51:35 AM DSC Security Panel Response Processing response: LED Status->90330FF
    Aug-14 9:51:34 AM DSC Security Panel Response Processing response: LED Status->90320FE

I'm on plugin version 3.0.0.56, polling is set to 60 seconds, and baud rate is 9600

Is this normal activity? How can I improve the response time?

Ok, some digging has shed some light on the Zone Restored log items. The code at the end of the item is 610 (zone restored) followed by the zone (001, 002, etc), and I'm not sure what the last two digits are (probably a checksum).

So it looks like I am receiving around two zone updates per second, starting with zone 001 and then continuing to zone 064. Is this normal behavior? It seems like a lot of unnecessary traffic.

I did a factory reset on my DSC 1832 and I also removed the DSC plugin (along with the .ini). When I re-setup the DSC 1832 I only enabled zones 1 - 4. I reinstalled the DSC plugin (side note, the install fails on Linux because the help.htm file should be Help.htm - renaming the file allows it to install).

So nothing has changed at this point. After re-doing everything, the devices are updated nearly instantly. But after a few hours their response time gets worse - up to 60 seconds.
    Last edited by bkazm; August 16, 2016, 02:19 PM.

Comment

...continuing my conversation with myself in case anyone has similar issues.

I think all the log entries are a result of my the polling that I have set at 60 seconds. Setting it to 0 (off) has made most of the messages stop. I figured that the plugin would only poll the 4 zones that I had enabled. But based on the log entries, the plugin is querying all 64 zones every 60 seconds. And it takes it around 30 seconds to poll everything. So it seems that all the traffic is causing the delays and lost updates - to the point that the Zee S2 becomes locked up or frozen after about 10 hours.

I'll test it when I'm at home later. If all this is true - this sounds like a bug. The plugin should only query the number of zones that I specify in the settings.

Comment

Further research seems to indicate that IT-1000 can only poll everything and not specific zones. So that seems to be the source of the plugin's need to poll everything.

Also, I think I've pinpointed the Zee's daily crashes to the DSC plugin (which were not caused by the plugin's constant polling). The log is eventually flooded with this error:

"AcceptCallback: Too many open files"

A similar problem was listed in another DSC thread, but no solution was provided (other than disable the plugin).

Comment

The IT100 sends messages as zones are violated/restored and with other panel events, so you should not have to poll. I have my polling interval set to 0 and everything works properly. Having said that, what you are seeing should be reported using Bugzilla. Wade, the developer of the plugin, should get an email when you submit it. You may want to try BLDSC as a test to see if it works better for you.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X