Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista 20P - Get sensor status while in armed mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista 20P - Get sensor status while in armed mode?

I've seen a couple posts/feature requests going back a year or two, and also on Envisalink forum around this. Figured worth a poke to see if anyone has a solution.

I just finished getting my Vista 20P, EVL4, and HS3 all talking together and all is working well when in disarmed mode. I would like to use status from a couple Vista hard-wired motion detectors to trigger HS events, when in armed-stay mode. For example, use living area Vista motion to turn on/off lights at night if someone gets up.

From what I've read on EVL forum, the Vista 20P doesn't send status when in armed state. Seems to be resistance or ignorance around any solution that would do this, like why the heck would you want that? I posted to reddit homesecurity and one person claims (with pictures) that they have this working (getting HS3 status on Vista sensors while in Stay mode), but they didn't do the programming, didn't know how it was done. So it does seem possible, I just don't know how. Any ideas or am I just left getting HSM200 or Z-wave battery wireless motions dedicated to HS3 for the homeauto functions I want?

Dump the Vista system and get an Elk, which is what I did. Much easier to wire up and program so you can easily DIY. Plus, the Elk reports everything at all times regardless of the system being armed or not.

Comment

The Vista Alarm Plug-in (3P) supports this. (It may be only in the beta version, I'm not certain). According to the plugin author, this is accomplished by capturing !RFX messages that the panel sends out. That plugin interfaces via "AD2USB", a USB connected device. Don't know if the Envisalink device/plugin supports this, but obviously its possible.

I have an "extra" zone defined for each of my doors. For example, the garage ones are used to turn on the garage lights at nighttime even when the alarm is armed.
      Attached Files

Comment

I also thought I read a while back that the DSC also showed status when disarmed?

Originally posted by wposner View Post
        Dump the Vista system and get an Elk, which is what I did. Much easier to wire up and program so you can easily DIY. Plus, the Elk reports everything at all times regardless of the system being armed or not.
        I looked at Elk, many years ago it was the DIY choice but I think these days with how easy it is to integrate DSC & Honeywell into any DIY HA system (HS3, Vera, etc) there is no reason/benefit to Elk -- I'd recommend one of the 2 most supported systems in the USA.

Comment

Working...
        X