Ademco devices do not appear in HS3 designer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ademco devices do not appear in HS3 designer

I posted this in the HS3 designer thread but thought it might be more appropriate here:

I am trying to create status indicators in designer for my Ademco alarm door and window sensors and they do not appear in the list of Homeseer devices when I am configuring the status tracking. I am using Spud's envisalink plug-in and the devices show up and work fine in HS. Does anyone have any ideas?

Update: I just saw there was an update to the plugin (v 3.0.0.27) and after updating I can now see the "User Access Partition 1" device but still no other devices like motion sensors, alarm panel, etc.

Thanks
    Andy

I called HS tech support on this and they cannot figure it out. Said to reach out to Spud.

Spud: Any ideas?

Comment

I just tested, and I can see the devices in HSTouch designer, see screenshot below

You can try to delete the devices and restart the plugin to let it recreate them, however if you do that you would need to update all your events that use an EnvisaLinkAdemco device.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hstouchdesigner.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	1193010

Comment

Thanks Spud,

I deleted all the devices and restarted the plugin and now can see them in HSTouch. Now my devices only have names like "Zone 1", "Zone 2" etc. I think I remember seeing in one of your updates that the plugin will now read the zone names from the panel and populate them. Is that correct? If so, how do I get the plugin to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
          Thanks Spud,

I deleted all the devices and restarted the plugin and now can see them in HSTouch. Now my devices only have names like "Zone 1", "Zone 2" etc. I think I remember seeing in one of your updates that the plugin will now read the zone names from the panel and populate them. Is that correct? If so, how do I get the plugin to do this?
          It doesn't read the zone names from the panel, but now you can enter the zone names and types from the config page and then click the "update zone devices", the devices will be renamed accordingly and the names and types will be remembered in case you have to delete devices again.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            It doesn't read the zone names from the panel, but now you can enter the zone names and types from the config page and then click the "update zone devices", the devices will be renamed accordingly and the names and types will be remembered in case you have to delete devices again.

OK, thanks. I used my spreadsheet to rename them.

Andy

Comment

Working...
            X