ERROR Receiver::Run()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR Receiver::Run()

I have a Vista 20P board with Envisalink 4 and HS3. I saw a thread from some time ago regarding the socket error being reported in the log files. I'm getting these every 11 seconds or so-- horribly annoying and wondering if they're interfering with EVL4 communication to HS3. I've tried restarting HS3, restarting the plug-in, etc. Earlier today I was able to get the errors to cease for about 3 hours then they re-appeared.

Any suggestions on what can be done to stop these?

Now that I'm getting these errors, I don't see any activity from the Vista 20P on HS3: doors opening and closing are no longer being reported.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rory; December 4, 2017, 07:04 PM. Reason: Attached segment from log file

If you get this error every 11secs, it means the plugin is not able to communicate with the EVL4, so it won't work at all in this case.

Do you run another program on your network that connect to the EVL4? The EVL4 only allows one connection at a time.

Check that IP and password are correct in the config page

Make sure you don't have a ghost HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.exe still running when you disable the plugin.

And please set the log level to Debug to troubleshoot.

Comment

I don't run any other programs that interact with the EVL4.

IP and password are correct on the config page.

Last night, I shut down HS3 and restarted, and everything started working fine and I was able to see door open/close triggers in HS3. It was even working well this morning, but then something happened later in the morning and I'm back to getting these errors every 11 seconds.

Log level is set to "debug", but since errors are getting triggered every 11 seconds, the display screen buffer has been filled with these messages so scrolling down shows nothing useful. Is there a file on the Windows host that has the full log I can review?

Comment

I found the log file and attached the part where things go from "working well" to "start dumping errors every 11 seconds". If you need any other information please let me know.
        Attached Files

Comment

For what it's worth, if I issue a "Reboot" command from the Eyez-on website, the "ERROR Receiver::Run()" messages that occur every 11 seconds appear to stop. But several hours later, something happens that starts the flood of errors again. Not something I want to have to do on a regular basis, though.

Any clues from the log file?

Comment

Originally posted by Rory View Post
            For what it's worth, if I issue a "Reboot" command from the Eyez-on website, the "ERROR Receiver::Run()" messages that occur every 11 seconds appear to stop. But several hours later, something happens that starts the flood of errors again. Not something I want to have to do on a regular basis, though.

Any clues from the log file?
            The log doesn't help because it's the EVL4 board which drops the connection for some reason.
            Other users have reported the same problem, but for them at some point the reconnection succeeeds and the errors stop
            see this thread:
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179567

if you just wait when you see the reconnection errors, do they stop at some point?

Comment

Spud, the reconnect errors persist for many hours and are blocking events from the Vista 20P to HS3. I haven't yet let errors continue for more than a day but can try that see if it ever does reconnect.

Is there a way to trigger a reboot of the EVL4 if a series of errors occur (rebooting from the Eyez-on website always seems to stop the barrage of errors)? This would be a helpful short-term solution. I'd rather do that than restart HS3 as was mentioned in the thread you referenced. I tried restarting the Envisalink plug-in when the errors started and that didn't seem to help.

Comment

if the plugin can't connect unless you reboot the EVL4, it means the EVL4 is somehow stuck somewhere and doesn't accept connection anymore.

did you try to just stop the plugin when the error happens, then wait 15 minutes and enable it again?

if you can dump your TCP traffic using wireshark as explained in the other thread, I could try to contact the developer at envisacor.

Comment

I'll take a look at wireshark and see if I can't create a packet dump.

When the errors started, I did try disabling the Envisalink plug-in and waited a few minutes before re-enabling it, but that didn't seem to help. Next time it gets clogged, I can certainly try waiting 15 minutes before re-enabling, but I don't know what that accomplishes since I wouldn't want to have to do that as part of a trigger.

In the accompanying screen capture, I noticed the errors started immediately after a "Log Maintenance" event. I don't know if that's just a coincidence or possibly something that causes the EVL4 to go into a tizzy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The barrage of ERRORs started again at 4:30 this morning and the log files don't seem to indicate anything out of the ordinary that would have triggered it (other than 6 "DumpZoneTimers" attempts that failed). The errors disabled communication between the Vista 20P and HS3. I logged into the Eyez-on website and I see the disarm event that happened after 4:30, so their site seems to be getting triggers even with the all of the errors.

I disabled the Envisalink plug-in, waited 30 minutes, and re-enabled the plug-in and the errors continued to be reported every 11 seconds. Sending a "reboot" from the Eyez-on website so far seems to be the only reliable way to stop the errors.

Is there a way to mimic the Eyez-on "reboot" command with an HS3 trigger?

I'm looking into generating a packet dump from Wireshark. Specifically, what packet data would be of most help to Envisacor? There's a myriad of filters I can apply-- I'd like to capture just what they need.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rory; December 7, 2017, 11:19 AM. Reason: Added question for Envisacor

Comment

Is there a way to mimic the Eyez-on "reboot" command with an HS3 trigger?
                      No I don't think that's possible

I'm looking into generating a packet dump from Wireshark. Specifically, what packet data would be of most help to Envisacor? There's a myriad of filters I can apply-- I'd like to capture just what they need.
                      They would need all the TCP traffic sent and received by the EVL board

Comment

I installed Wireshark and am capturing from the static IP address assigned to the EVL4 board. Let's see what we get. How do I get the Wireshark data to you, Spud?

Comment

I installed Wireshark and am capturing from the static IP address assigned to the EVL4 board. Let's see what we get. How do I get the Wireshark data to you, Spud?
                          You can send by email: spud.webb.4@gmail.com
                          But you need to wait for the error to happen, and please set the file log level to Debug, and send me the log file as well.

Thanks

Comment

Yes, my plan was to continue capturing packets until the errors start occurring. At that point I'll email you the captured data. Log level has been set to "debug" so I'll send you those results as well.

Comment

Spud, I emailed you the packet dump from Wireshark which contains packets from when the errors begin to occur, and also the log file from EnvisaLinkAdemco. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for looking in to this.

Comment

Working...
                              X