Event trigger when no longer armed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event trigger when no longer armed

I have an event triggered when the alarm status changes to "Armed Away" that sets my Ecobee thermostat to "Armed Away" mode. When the alarm is disarmed, I want the Ecobee to resume its normal schedule.

Initially I tried an event trigger of "device status changed and becomes READY". Unfortunately, that will not work for me because when people ARE home (Alarm not armed), every time an alarm motion, window or door sensor is triggered, the alarm status goes to NOT READY, and then READY when it clears. This is like every few seconds during the day when people are home. If you have have set a manual temperature hold while home, it was getting reset almost instantly due to the NOT-READY/READY status change.

What I really need is a trigger that says when the alarm WAS in Armed Away mode, but not is NOT in Armed Away mode, then resume the thermostat mode.

Is there any way to test/trigger an event based on the alarm status being NOT Armed Away?

Alternately, could I use a combo of

IF device status changes and becomes READY
    AND IF the device has been/for at least ARMED IN AWAY MODE

Or would that never trigger since it can't be in Armed Away mode and Ready mode at the same time?

Thanks

If you have the EasyTrigger plugin there is a trigger called "This device's value was and becomes..."
    Otherwise read the following thread, you will need to create an additional virtual device, or use a script:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...tiion?t=171905

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations. For now I am using the EasyTrigger "value was and becomes" with Was Armed Away and becomes Ready OR "Exit Delay" (which is also the entrance delay), but I think making a virtual device is the more robust way to handle it.

On a related note, is there a way to suppress the "Ready" and "Non-Ready" status changes from the log file, while still logging all the other statuses? The "Ready"/"Not Ready" is totally spamming my log.

Thanks!

Comment

Just like to say thanks again to spud... It seems that every time I have a question or a need, this guy wrote a plugin to clear the issue. I just bought the easy trigger (on top of his ademco and dsc plugins))... and my problem is resolved... Thanks again spud.

Comment

Originally posted by fleurys View Post
          Just like to say thanks again to spud... It seems that every time I have a question or a need, this guy wrote a plugin to clear the issue. I just bought the easy trigger (on top of his ademco and dsc plugins))... and my problem is resolved... Thanks again spud.
          Bienvenue!

Comment

Working...
          X