Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant Disconnecting Issue

Hello - I'm getting the issue below every 10 seconds:
    ERROR Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.

I'm running Homeseer 4.1.6.0 on Linux. I was originally on 4.1.1 and thought that might have been the problem so I upgraded but no luck. I've reset my entire network, upgraded all firmware etc... no luck. My Envislink has a reserved IP address, so I don't think there is some other device trying to grab the IP address as others have pointed to with similar issues.

Any help would be appreciated. The plugin seems to function as the connection resets are almost instant... but still something doesn't seem right for this to be happening.

Thanks for the help!

if you reboot the EVL board does it work for a while after that?
    is it an EVL3 or EVL4? What is the firmware of the board?

Comment

Hi - I've rebooted my entire alarm system (removed power) with no change. If it did work for a while after rebooting it was a short while. What's interesting is it's reporting everything just fine in between reconnections.

I'm running version: 167 (latest I think) and I have an EVL4.

Comment

how is your EVL4 connected to your router?
        this user had the same problem and said it was caused by a spotty network connection through a wireless ethernet bridge: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...rors-revisited

you can also try to change the poll_zone_state_interval value from the ini file as explained here
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...507#post936507
        but this was a workaround for a problem that is supposed to be fixed in recent firmware.

Comment

UPDATE: The mono release notes had a statement about connecting issues, so just followed their instructions and it fixed the issue.

Did anyone figure this out?

I am having the same problem. I updated Mono from 5.22 to 6.12 and this started. I have updated the Eyezon firmware to version 172 and it still does it. I also tried pinging the envislink from the homeseer box for over 5 min and resulted in no dropped packets ping time is less than .5 mil sec.

Comment

Originally posted by dcn2 View Post
            UPDATE: The mono release notes had a statement about connecting issues, so just followed their instructions and it fixed the issue.
            what was the statement and the instructions? Can you link it here?

Comment

Having the same issue with my system. HS3 on Linux Ubuntu 18.04. INVISALINK 3 with a Vista 20P panel. Resetting the EVL board from the website fixes the issue for a little while but trying to use the motion sensors to trigger lights does not work most of the time and I'll have to reset the EVL. Makes me wonder if an alarm ever triggered if I would be notified. Any ideas of how to make this a reliable system.

I've gone to the Eyezon site about 3 or 4 times and rebooted the unit. After the 4th reboot, I have not seen any errors in the log. I use to have log entries indicating changes in partition 3 when I only have one partition, but the biggest issue was the disconnectind and then a reconnect a second later. I have no idea if reason it started working was the multiple reboots, but as long as it keeps working, I am happy. On day 3 now and never got past one day before.
              Last edited by ocxoman; February 13, 2021, 05:41 PM. Reason: some Success

Comment

Spud,
                Can you update the plugin to allow the user to reboot the EVL3 daily at at time decided by the user. The plug loses the connection to the unit exactly 2 minutes after making the connection after a couple of days. Another way might be to erase the log if the EVL3 has a limited log issue.

tcxoman

Comment

Spud?? are you monitoring this thread. The constant socket errors are driving me crazy. You asked if resetting the EVL3 fixed the problem and yes it does temporarily. Can you do a reset locally on a daily basis or upon the detection of the socket error?

Comment

Originally posted by ocxoman View Post
                    Spud?? are you monitoring this thread. The constant socket errors are driving me crazy. You asked if resetting the EVL3 fixed the problem and yes it does temporarily. Can you do a reset locally on a daily basis or upon the detection of the socket error?
                    Unfortunately I can't trigger a reboot of the board from the plugin.
                    What is the firmware version of your board?
                    A bug in the TCP stack on the board was discovered and fixed, but it was a long time ago.

Comment

I haven't seen any updates on this for a while, hopefully things have settled down, however FYI, I was having connectivity issues with the EVL3 board over a year ago and after upgrading to the EVL4 board it resolved the connectivity issues for me... Your mileage may vary........

PCK

Comment

Working...
                      X