Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot use Alarm Console Text in HSTouch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot use Alarm Console Text in HSTouch?

Envisalink (the Ademco variant) has been working great for me. The frequent email messages about the hardware device itself connecting and disconnecting got irritating enough that I firewalled the device away from the internet, though. That's the fault of the internet software the device reports to, though, not Homeseer (though perhaps it's reconnecting more than it needs to? Several times a day).

I am seeing two odd things, however. I've got zone mappings for envisalink devices working just fine in HSTouch.

1.) In HsTouch, when a wireless zone faults, some number of nearby wireless zones also fault briefly, then fix themselves so only the reall-faulted device is faulted. This does not manifest in the logs, just in HsTouch.

2.) Also in HsTouch: I can't seem to connect a text box to the status for the Alarm Console Text box. The device just doesn't show up in the list of devices. I _can_ get the Partition 1 status to work properly in HSTouch. But it doesn't display everything that the Alarm Console Text does.

Jeff

1. If you don't see this issue neither in the logs nor in the device management screen then it is a HSTouch issue.

2. What do you call the "Alarm Console Text Box" ? Is it the Root device?
    I know that root devices that don't have any control attached, do not appear in HSTouch (not sure why)
    One possible workaround is to manually add a fake control to this device like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dummy.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1174438

Comment

Yes, it's the root device. Adding a dummy control made it appear in the list of devices I could track status for. That's progress. Unfortunately, I don't get any text in the button when it should be tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffstewart View Post
        Yes, it's the root device. Adding a dummy control made it appear in the list of devices I could track status for. That's progress. Unfortunately, I don't get any text in the button when it should be tracking.
        does it work if you try to track the status string of any other device?
        in anyway this is most probably an issue in HSTouch / Designer

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue. I can see the device in the touch designer, but the status text is blank. Same result with the dummy control on the root device.

I can see the status text for the partition, but as jeffstewart said the root device has the actual text from the alarm keypad which would be nice to use.

Comment

Hstouch will show the value of a root device but not the string. This is a known bug.
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
              Hstouch will show the value of a root device but not the string. This is a known bug.
              Actually I got it working. Took some digging since I'm new to HSTouch. Simply paste this in the text field where you want to display the Alarm Keypad text:

Code:
              [$SCRIPT=&hs.devicestring("3")]
              Where "3" would be the ID of your root device. I attached an exmple.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by joey52685; November 5, 2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Nice work around, never thought of a script. Kudos.
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Rich has just fixed this problem in the HSTouch server plugin version 3.0.0.77 which is in the beta section of the plugins page

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                    Nice work around, never thought of a script. Kudos.
                    I take no credit haha. I found the answer in another thread relating to a similar problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      Rich has just fixed this problem in the HSTouch server plugin version 3.0.0.77 which is in the beta section of the plugins page
                      Excellent, I'll check it out.

Edit: The .77 beta didn't resolve the issue for me. But using a script to pull the device string seems to work just fine.
                      Last edited by joey52685; November 6, 2015, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                        Excellent, I'll check it out.

Edit: The .77 beta didn't resolve the issue for me. But using a script to pull the device string seems to work just fine.
                        The latest hs touch server beta (.78) finally seems to have fixed this. And it refreshes faster than the script I posted above which is nice.
                        Last edited by joey52685; November 20, 2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X