X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EnvisaLinkAdemco ERROR Wrong password

Found it

I put a password of 6 characters and it worked

The instruction say, It's 6 characters max and default one is "user".

Anyway in case someone hit the same issue

Comment

Originally posted by theknee View Post
      I put a password of 6 characters and it worked

The instruction say, It's 6 characters max and default one is "user".

Anyway in case someone hit the same issue
      how many characters was the password that didn't work?

Comment

I just experienced the same issue. I had been using the default password (user) for months without issue and recently started having issues and noticed the "wrong password" error message in my log. After logging into the Envisalink locally and changing the password to a 6 character PW it worked again.

Comment

One possible cause of this problem is the difference between Envisalink 3 and Envisalink 4. The Envisalink 3 only supports 6 ASCII digits for a password but the Envisalink 4 supports 10. That's why originally the plugin only accepts 6 characters max.

So if you are experiencing this issue please tell me how many characters was the password that didn't work and what version of the board you have EVL3 or EVL4. Thanks

Comment

Well, after a day or so of working after changing my password to a 6 character PW, it stopped working again. I changed the pw back to the factory 4 character one via the Envisalink web interface and then changed it within the plugin and it is working again. I am using the Envisalink3.

Comment

Working...
            X