Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control 4204 relays connected to garage doors

Hi,

Long time Vera user and just purchased Homeseer. I am evaluating the Ademco plugin and have successfully configured it. I would like to know how to control my garage doors that are connected to the 4204 relay board on my Vista 20P alarm. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andy

Can you activate the relay from your alarm keypad? If so, you could try to use a "Send Keystroke String" Event action.

Comment

Thanks Spud,

Yes I did figure that out. Previously I had not seen the send keystrokes option.

Thanks,
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
        Hi,

Long time Vera user and just purchased Homeseer. I am evaluating the Ademco plugin and have successfully configured it. I would like to know how to control my garage doors that are connected to the 4204 relay board on my Vista 20P alarm. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Off topic, but can you explain your alarm setup? How does this work with arming and disarming and do you have sensors on the doors?

Comment

Hi Wayne,

I have open/close sensors on the garage doors like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OVERHEAD...-/151059008555

The garage doors are programmed on the panel as 24 hour monitor zones so I can still arm the alarm while the doors are open, also so it won't set the alarm off when we open the door when coming home.

I also have the 4204 relay module connected directly to the contacts of the garage door opener buttons so when the relay closes it acts like someone pushed the button to open the door. To activate the relay, you need to send a sequence of keys like this:

[User Code] + # + 7 + 01

The user code is the code you use to arm/disarm. The number 7 tells the panel to close the relay and the 01 is the relay number on the 4204 module.

To reset the relay, I use the sequence [User Code] + # + 8 + 01

Hope that helps.
          Andy

Comment

Working...
          X