Only 1st IF of Event allows Device Status Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 1st IF of Event allows Device Status Change

I am trying to refine a couple events. I want the events to fire when entering the home but now when leaving. To do this, I want to use the associated motion detector by each door but I am having trouble.

In my Event today it looks for change to a device:

If this device changes and becomes... Z01 Front Door changes and becomes Opened

And If The time is after 12:00 pm
    And If The time is before 11:59 pm

I want to add a second device changes after the front door opens and this is not an option within the event. For every And If, I can only select if a value changes.

When I do this, the motion value only allows "Motion" or "No Motion" or custom of 0 or 1. When I look in the logs the motion is Open or Closed.

Oct-03 12:24:05 EnvisaLinkAdemco INFO Z07 Living Room Motion status change: Opened

How do I get this so I can register the motion status?

I also tried reversing the order in the event.. making the motion first and door open second, but this too did not work since the status is what is changing and not the value.

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Maybe this will help. Think of it differently. The first line of an event is your trigger and everything after that is a condition, hence the reason you are seeing what you are.

If the motion is inside, have your event do this for leaving, if front door is opened and motion is tripped because you will trip the motion before you open the door.

Coming home, if door is opened and motion is not tripped.

Depending on timing of things, these ideas should work.

Comment

Take a look at this thread in the Event Clinic Forum. It will show you how to use as many different triggers in an event as you wish.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks guys.

I thought about the reverse (action/condition), and even have a test event setup where it looks for the motion first and the door second.

The problem is the "value equals" part. The value drop down is custom (zero or 1), any value (no input), Motion, No Motion. Yet nothing trips the event because what is sent is Open or Closed; not Motion or No Motion.

I also have a problem with this concept because the motion can get tripped a hundred times a day but the door only opens 1 in that 100 times. So the event is firing off based on an action that is larger to smaller vs. smaller to larger.

Kind of reminds me of the kids in the back seat saying "Are we there yet, are we there yet" a hundred times just for the one time you can say we are there.
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
          Thanks guys.

I thought about the reverse (action/condition), and even have a test event setup where it looks for the motion first and the door second.

The problem is the "value equals" part. The value drop down is custom (zero or 1), any value (no input), Motion, No Motion. Yet nothing trips the event because what is sent is Open or Closed; not Motion or No Motion.

I also have a problem with this concept because the motion can get tripped a hundred times a day but the door only opens 1 in that 100 times. So the event is firing off based on an action that is larger to smaller vs. smaller to larger.

Kind of reminds me of the kids in the back seat saying "Are we there yet, are we there yet" a hundred times just for the one time you can say we are there.
          I'm sorry, I didn't fully read your first post. That is what I get for just scanning.

There is really no way to structure an event such that the execution waits for a secondary trigger. They are fully evaluated at the moment that the trigger (or any secondary trigger) is true. The easiest method would be to start a timer when the door is opened, then have an event triggered by the motion detector with the timer as a condition such that:

IF this device changes and becomes... Motion Detector changes and becomes Motion
          AND IF The time is after 12:00 pm
          AND IF The time is before 11:59 pm
          AND IF Door Timer's value is less than 1m, 0s

Then Action

You could set the timer value to whatever is appropriate from a few seconds to a few minutes.

The event to control the timer would be:

If this device changes and becomes... Z01 Front Door changes and becomes Opened

Then Start Timer Door Timer

Comment

Ok.. so it is a timing issue and not a value issue.

The log says one thing "status equals" (open or close) but the system is doing 0 or 1 (No Motion, Motion) for the motion detector.

If I walk to the front door tripping the motion and then wait for a few second before I open the door the actions are spread out and it works... no message. If I come in and walk directly into the room from the front door, it works and plays the message.

I have to play with the event more and maybe have a wait in there... but having the motion first and the door second works. Just seems crazy that only the first one can have Status = and all others are limited to Value =.

Michael

Comment

If the motion will always be triggered when you walk in, before the door is closed, then the motion would be the trigger and the door would be a condition. Using a timer as I described above would make it more reliable.

The Status text should always be available for Triggers or Conditions. In HomeSeer the device value is the actual trigger, Status Text is just to make it more user friendly.

Could you post a screenshot of the event (expanded) where you only are offered values and a screenshot of the Status Graphics tab for the affected device?

Comment

The log says status change: Opened/Closed rather than Motion/No Motion because these are the default statuses, you have renamed them for motion sensors and the plugin still use the default labels for logging. However it is strictly equivalent: Opened = Motion = 1, Closed = No Motion = 0.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  If the motion will always be triggered when you walk in, before the door is closed, then the motion would be the trigger and the door would be a condition. Using a timer as I described above would make it more reliable.

The Status text should always be available for Triggers or Conditions. In HomeSeer the device value is the actual trigger, Status Text is just to make it more user friendly.

Could you post a screenshot of the event (expanded) where you only are offered values and a screenshot of the Status Graphics tab for the affected device?
                  The first attachment shows the option of device status. The second attachment shows how a second AND IF does not have the same list of in the drop down.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    The log says status change: Opened/Closed rather than Motion/No Motion because these are the default statuses, you have renamed them for motion sensors and the plugin still use the default labels for logging. However it is strictly equivalent: Opened = Motion = 1, Closed = No Motion = 0.
                    Thanks Spud. I do not remember changing it but I must have. Thank you for keeping me sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                      The first attachment shows the option of device status. The second attachment shows how a second AND IF does not have the same list of in the drop down.

That is because "IF" is a trigger and is based on a change in value. The "AND IF" is a condition and is not based upon a change, it is based upon the current value at the time the event runs.

IF "the door becomes Open" is a trigger and is only true at the instant the door becomes open. It is no longer going to be true when the door IS open.

AND IF "the door has a value equal to open" is a condition and is true as long as the door is open.

Comment

Working...
                      X