DSC/EVL3 running at 2nd house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC/EVL3 running at 2nd house

I have HS3 3.0.0.298/SmartStick running at home with the Ademco/EVL3 plugin. I want to install/run the DSC/EVL3 plugin in a 2nd house which has a Z-net installed. Is there a way to do this? I am not sure whether all it'd involve is to forward the port of the DSC/EVL3. If that were the case, where do I specify the port # in the plugin? As part of the IP address?

Originally posted by art_vandelay View Post
    I have HS3 3.0.0.298/SmartStick running at home with the Ademco/EVL3 plugin. I want to install/run the DSC/EVL3 plugin in a 2nd house which has a Z-net installed. Is there a way to do this? I am not sure whether all it'd involve is to forward the port of the DSC/EVL3. If that were the case, where do I specify the port # in the plugin? As part of the IP address?
    The envisalink board always use port 4025, so this port is hard coded in the plugin, you can't change it.
    If you want your HS3 system (running in your first house) to connect to your DSC/EVL3 board in your second house, you would need to open port 4025 (TCP) in the router of your second house and forward it to the EVL board IP. Then in the EVL DSC plugin configuration page you would need to set the external IP of your 2nd house router.

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply. That did the trick

Comment

Working...
      X