Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining user when arming/disarming

Hello,

I have a Honeywell Vista 21ip alarm system Firmware version 4.23. I have the Envisalink 4 connected to my system.

I do have login/communication between the plugin and the Envislink. I do not see any details about what user is arming/disarming the system in the logs.

What should I be looking at to determine who is arming/disarming the system? My monitoring service DOES tell me, so I know it is available somehow, but I don't see it.

Thanks for the help. Let me know if you need to be informed about any settings.

Do you have a User Access device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	4
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1261766

It is only populated with a string, but it can be used in messages with a replacement variable.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I have the following which indicates it is broken:

Click image for larger version

Name:	number5.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	1261873

I need to look and resolve. I will post the solution shortly.

Comment

You have to setup HomeSeer users to match DSC users per the manual:

“Optionnally[sic], in the User Settings section, assign one or several DSC User Ids to HS users. To create new HS users go to "Tools > Setup > Network tab". To assign more than one DSC User Ids to one HS User, separate the ids with dashes.”

Once you have HomeSeer users, they will populate the config page. Then assign the DSC user number(s) to that HomeSeer user.

Click image for larger version  Name:	9739E7B3-E606-45AE-99FE-FC08BC1E2C5D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	1261876

On mine, I have more than one code per user, separated by dashes. One for my keypad user and one for each of the fobs. When my wife or I use any of the methods of arming and disarming, it ties to a single user for each of us. Just give the HomeSeer users that you don’t want to have access to “guest” privaleges and a password. None of this will have any effect on local HomeSeer access if you have “No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)” enabled.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I went back and checked with this posting on eyez-on.com https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl4honeywell.php. There are several older docs listed as well, but this one was the most current. Looking at the details, I have DUAL/SPLIT Reporting set to 0 and it should have been 5. After setting that, I now see the user access information I was looking for.

I already had them set, but I would also say to check and make sure that reporting of the arm/disarm actions is enabled as well.

Thank you rprade for the pointer about the user settings. I had seen this before and for some reason did not really process it correctly. I do now. Thanks!

Comment

In the user manual it says that we can assign more than one DSC User ID to one HS user, does anyone know if I do that will I be able to tell who armed/disarmed the system? I’m thinking of assigning several DSC User ID’s to a “Guest” HS user so that I don’t have to have all these guest users in my HS system but I would still like to know who armed/Disarmed the system.
            HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

Comment

I have the following:

Click image for larger version  Name:	number12.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	1268230

If you were to have a user id separate for the keypad id and key fob or other disarm device, then you can get as detailed as you want.

And yes, I have found this to work reliable for my system. I have also assigned the homeseer a user ID to differentiate it from my human users.

So, you can assign multiple codes to 1 user. You would also have them setup in the alarm system panel as well to get a user name in the access panel's string.

Comment

Working...
              X