Envisalink Stops Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envisalink Stops Working

The Envisalink DSC plugin works fine usually for a day and then stops working even though it's status shows as "OK". It is easily restored by disabling and then reenabling the plugin. However, I would like to resolve why it keeps stoping. Also, any time the system is restarted, the plugin, while enabled and showing "OK", does not work until the plugin is disabled and then reenabled. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

please set the log level to debug from the config page, and post what you get when the error happens

Comment

Hello Spud,

Thank you for your reply. It appears that the only time the Envisalink DSC plugin stops working is when I restart the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2. I had been working on configuring Homeseer sporadically over the previous few weeks prior to the posting and had not correlated plugin behavior with the restarts.

Since your post, above, the plugin has not stopped working. This evening I restarted the HomeTroller and the plugin did not come up working. It was restored simply by disabling and reenabling it. Please let me know if this is the expected behavior.

My preference would be for the plugin to come up working in the event of a power outage if I am not available to immediately restart the plugin. Please let me know if there is a means of configuring HomeSeer to do so.

I have attached the log from the restart this evening. The HomeTroller was restarted at 10:29:49 PM and the plugin was restarted at 10:41:31 PM.

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mine does the same thing. Here is my log data:

1/13/2021 10:23:17 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Partition Device Found: P:1
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:1
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:2
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:3
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:4
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:5
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:6
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:7
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Zone Device Found: Z:8
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~Plugin EnvisaLink started successfully in 4631 milliseconds
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~ERROR Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~DEBUG Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Reciever.Run()
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM Legacy-Plugin~!~EnvisaLink~!~INFO Connection Lost, will try to reconnect in 10 seconds
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM HomeSeer~!~Starting Plug-In~!~EnvisaLink loaded in 4816 milliseconds
        1/13/2021 10:23:19 AM HomeSeer~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink

Comment

I run into something similar Plugin stops talking to the DSC alarm panel ... The only way i know it quit is due to the open/close doors stop triggering events thru this plugin.

So far the only way I can get it to work is pull power from the DSC Alarm panel and restore power then the Plugin communicates with the HS4....

Comment

Okay, I tried removing the plug-in and re-installing. It make no difference. I can use the eyezon.com interface and control my system, so the IP address is correct and the system is functioning. The problem is either with HS4 or your plug-in. I would really appreciate a response. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcrank
              SPUD, do you still respond to these? My system has not worked since Jan 21.
              Sorry for the delay
              What firmware version do you have on the board? Is it an EVL3 or EVL4?
              Was it working ok (without disconnection) before Jan 21?
              Did you try to reboot the board?

Comment

TYPE: EVL4 DSC
                Version: 173

Yes, it was working fine. I have disconnected the network connection and rebooted the device via the EyezOn.com interface. I tried uninstalling the plug-in, sopping and restarting HS4. Nothing I have tried has worked. My logs are posted in this thread.

Comment

oh, and my first post in this thread was 1/13/21, so it has been longer. HS4 indicated zone status as of 1/21/21.

Comment

Can you try to reboot by using the reboot function from the Network tab of the local web page (or just do a hard reboot by disconnecting the board from power) ?
                    Triple check that the IP address is correct. The EyezOn.com interface does not use the same API as the plugin.
                    One user said here that he had to resubmit the static IP address: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...k-socket-error, so try that too
                    To troubleshoot try to disable any firewall and AntiVirus on your Homeseer machine
                    Also do you have any other program that connect to the EVL board (like for example if you still have an instance of HS3 running with the EnvisaLink plugin )? Only one connection is allowed.

Comment

Did you try to disable the firewall and anti-virus on your HS4 machine?
                      We need to determine if the problem comes from the board, your network or the plugin.
                      Could you post a screenshot of the network tab of the local web page?
                      Coud you also try to use that app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android&hl=en to see if ti works. It does use the same API.

Comment

I do not run AV software and the firewall is disabled on my HS4 server.

Local webpage? You mean 127.0.0.1? or the HS4 http instance?

Comment

I don't have an Android device..I have iPhone and iPad, so I can't try your suggested app.

Comment

Originally posted by cmdrcrank View Post
                            Local webpage? You mean 127.0.0.1? or the HS4 http instance?
                            I mean http://192.168.1.37 and then click network

Comment

So, what now? This hasn't worked since early January....I have the same plug-in (yours) on my dad's system, who has an identical DSC alarm panel and EVL-4, and his works fine.

My eyezon.com page works fine and my internal URL works fine. My Apple Eyezon App works fine. I don't have any firewall issues, but I can create rules to forward certain prots if I have to do so, but something changed in January. Either a new HS4 upgrade broke your plug-in, or the API that you use has changed. I have not updated my dad's system for obvious reasons. He is running an older version of HS4 than I am, but he does have the same version of your plug-in.

I have done everything you asked, but the responses have been delayed and infrequent, and we have no solution. This is very problematic as I have an HSTouch app and several events which depend on your plug-in to interface with my DSC security system.

What is next?

Comment

Working...
                              X