Zone Bypass Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Bypass Not Working

There are a number of topics regarding zone bypasses, few with resolution, but no problem seems to be different.

The general consensus seems to be that bypassing a zone sends a *1xx# command, xx being the zone to bypass.

Trouble is, at least with my DSC Power system, the zone bypass menu requires your master code. So it is actually *1xxxxxxxyy#.

Manually trying to solve this with a "Send Keystroke String" command fails because the limit is 6 characters for that, and this represents 12.

I have a zone that exists for monitoring purposes only and needs to be bypassed before any arms and I can't seem to successfully do that with this plugin

Would programming the zone as a 'Non-alarm' (zone definition 26) work for your application? It looks like a normal zone to HS, but faulting it, even when the system is armed, will not cause an alarm condition to the DSC controller.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Did you put the master code in on the config page? When the panel asks for the master code, that's what HomeSeer uses.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
        Would programming the zone as a 'Non-alarm' (zone definition 26) work for your application? It looks like a normal zone to HS, but faulting it, even when the system is armed, will not cause an alarm condition to the DSC controller.
        You sir are a legend - this is EXACTLY what I wanted but I totally skipped past it because it's buried amongst all the "24 hour" zone types which of course I don't want, but yes 24-hour Non-Alarm is exactly what I needed thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          Did you put the master code in on the config page? When the panel asks for the master code, that's what HomeSeer uses.
          Yes, but according to the logs it isn't transmitting it. But alas problem solved a better way (thankfully as it appears other issues regarding this plugin have been on a todo list for a year so I was dreading this going nowhere).

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
            - this is EXACTLY what I wanted
            Good to hear. I use that zone type for a heartbeat function and several sensors I have for automation purposes only. I find it to be very useful.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I know this is an old thread but just in case anyone is interested lā€™m using the Envisionlink plug-in and got the dsc zone bypass to work by using two send string commands.

It appears Tillsy was correct that it requires the master code even if you configured it as part of the plug-in configuration screen. So, in the first command I had Keystroke String = *19999ā€ where 9999 is your master code. I then added a wait 5 second command to allow the previous command to complete. I then sent the following Keystroke String = ā€œ03#ā€. Where 03 is the zone I disabled. This is working fine for me.

Comment

Working...
              X