Feature Request: Bypass & Unbypass & Toggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Bypass & Unbypass & Toggle

The current "Bypass" button for a zone toggles the bypass/unbypass status. Would it be possible to have 3 buttons, i.e. bypass, unbypass and toggle (for legacy reasons)? I understand I could create events that check the current bypass status and then take the appropriate action (toggle or not toggle). However, if you have a bunch of zones that you want to bypass then this becomes very tedious.

I agree. It would be helpful to be able to choose the action for a possible group Event, without having to first ascertain the current status of each Zone.

Also, the designation of the button as "Bypass" really confused me. It hadn't occurred to me until reading mulu 's post that in this case "Bypass" means a "Toggle" operation. I was digging around trying figure out why there isn't an "Unbypass" button.

Comment

There is only one bypass button because the bypass and unbypass command is the same DSC command under the hood and because originally the plugin did not create any device for zone bypass status so it was impossible to know if a zone was bypassed or not,

so just to confirm you want me to:
      - rename the current Bypass button to Toggle
      - add a Bypass button that sends the command only if the status of the zone is Active
      - add a Unbypass button that sends the command only if the status of the zone is Bypassed

correct?

I should also probably move those buttons from the "Zone X" device to the "Zone X Bypassed" device

Comment

I am not sure what "Active" means for the bypass button. Are you saying that the bypass command is only sent when the zone is "Open"? I actually would like to send the bypass command even if the zone is "Closed". But maybe that is not possibly because you mentioned that the underlying DSC command is actually just a toggle. If so they your 3 suggestions above make sense.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the changes that you are discussing, but in the meantime, I can't even get a simple test Event intended to switch a zone to Active, to work properly.

It's probably my lack of expertise, but I test for the state of the Zone Bypass to be Bypassed, and if successful, I toggle the Zone, ending up with the expected Active state. That is fine, but if I run the same Event again, it again passes the condition test and toggles it back to Bypass. I get the same result if I use Active for the status test, or for that matter any value in that field.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            There is only one bypass button because the bypass and unbypass command is the same DSC command under the hood and because originally the plugin did not create any device for zone bypass status so it was impossible to know if a zone was bypassed or not,

so just to confirm you want me to:
            - rename the current Bypass button to Toggle
            - add a Bypass button that sends the command only if the status of the zone is Active
            - add a Unbypass button that sends the command only if the status of the zone is Bypassed

correct?

I should also probably move those buttons from the "Zone X" device to the "Zone X Bypassed" device
            spud Do you have a beta version of the plugin that has this implemented? If so, I would like to test it.

Comment

Working...
            X