Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about installing a security system and have a few questions

Hello,

My wife and I are considering installing a DSC system and I've been doing some research about the integration with Homeseer. Currently we have a few wireless window and door sensors installed in our house. I'm curious if those could interact with the security system via the Envisalink plugin like a wired sensor would. It appears as though the manual indicates this would be possible with an event. Did I read the second post of the manual correctly or did I missunderstand what I was reading?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Loren

If they are DSC compatible sensors then when you buy the DSC 1832 or 1864 just make sure you also get the wireless receiver as well.

https://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-p...20Receivers/56

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes, as long as the DSC panel sees them the plug-in will see them absolutely the same as wired ones.

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I should clarify my question though. I'm fairly certain that the sensors we have are not compatible with the DSC receiver. They are however interacting with Homeseer just fine. Is there a way to setup a "dummy front door" zone that an event could trigger when our front door is opened?

Comment

Originally posted by lorenjz View Post
          Thank you for the responses. I should clarify my question though. I'm fairly certain that the sensors we have are not compatible with the DSC receiver. They are however interacting with Homeseer just fine. Is there a way to setup a "dummy front door" zone that an event could trigger when our front door is opened?
          A wireless door sensor that interacts with Homeseer and not with the security system directly can be included in events but it won't interact with the DSC security system exactly like a wired or wireless DSC door sensor would.
          When a DSC sensor (wired/wireless) is triggered, the DSC system gives you either 15 or 30 seconds to disarm before it alarms and sends a signal to your monitoring service.
          If you use a device external to the DSC system to trigger the alarm, you could set the event to only trigger the alarm after 15/30 seconds but how you would trigger the alarm in HS would be the same as manually triggering the alarm. This tells the monitoring service that someone in the house has triggered the alarm, there is defiantly an intruder and send someone now. You can still disarm but I'm not sure how a monitoring service would respond to that. If you don't have a monitoring service then this wouldn't be an issue, however I would highly suggest you use one.

So, the answer to your question is yes you can use a non-DSC device to trigger the alarm, it's just that the DSC system won't react exactly the same as it would to a DSC sensor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The Profit Thanks so much for the explanation that helps a bunch.

Comment

Working...
            X