Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Envisalink DSC plugin track status of chime mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Envisalink DSC plugin track status of chime mode?

Can a flag or similar functionality be utilized to track the status of chime mode? I'd like to be able to use an if/then function to track if it's been turned off at the keypad to turn it on at night when arming either via keypad or programmatically.

There is a "Chime Enabled" trigger and a "Chime Disabled" trigger, so you can create some events to try to track the current chime mode using a virtual device,

And according to https://support.reedsecurity.com/por...try-exit-beeps, sending *4 should turn it on/off, so you should be able to change it using a "Send Keystroke String" event action.

Comment

I use three Events and a Virtual Device.

Enable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dscenabled.png
Views:	115
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1569211
      Disable:

Name:	DSCdisable.png
Views:	115
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1569212
      Toggle:

Name:	dsctoggle.png
Views:	118
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1569213
      Device:

Name:	DSCdevice.png
Views:	122
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1569210

Name:	DSCdeviceon.png
Views:	114
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1569214
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the tips, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

That will be very helpful to me too. randy Is there a Plugin that gives you the "Envisilink Receives Message" trigger? I don't see that available?

Comment

JRose that feature is part of the Envisalink DSC (Spud) plugin. If you follow the post from randy, you'll see the "Envisalink Receives Message" capability within Events.

Comment

Yes, the Envisalink plug-in provides the Trigger. It is Envisalink: Message Received. If the plug-in is installed it should be in your Trigger drop down.

Comment

randy Question for you: Why do you use the "Execute Command" option rather than just controlling the virtual device directly within the event (set device value on or off)? What am I missing?

Comment

Because the “Chime” Virtual Device has only one control “Toggle”. On and off are Status only. I am setting On (100) and Off (0) with an immediate script since they are not control options. You could certainly add On and Off Status/Value pairs, but I prefer to avoid controls for Virtual Devices I won’t control manually.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DAECFEF4-0021-4F03-8C76-CDC0186C5A21.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	1569333

Comment

Here is a little video of how it operates

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                        Yes, the Envisalink plug-in provides the Trigger. It is Envisalink: Message Received. If the plug-in is installed it should be in your Trigger drop down.
                        It's not in mine but probably because I'm using the Ademco version (Honeywell Vista 20P) not the DSC version. I had forgotten there are 2 versions of this plugin.

Comment

I don't know how or if the Ademco alarm deals with the chime. Spud might be able to weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                          X