EnvisaLink DSC Plug-in - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks. I'll read up on the pdf...
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Not having any success linking to my DSC...

I just purchased the plugin and have been trying to test the installation with no success.

I'm about 99% there on the install of my new alarm system and have not yet attached an alarm bell or siren and am still using the default Installer Code of 5555 and the Master Code should still be 1234. I tried both of these codes for the "Master Code:" and after each SAVE update I closed and restarted Homeseer...

The config page is not asking for a user name so I assume it's using the default "user" name... I changed the password and am using the right one...

The log states:

7/22/2013 11:30:52 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      7/22/2013 11:30:52 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Reciever.Run()
      7/22/2013 11:30:52 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink

Later on I see entries such as....

7/22/2013 11:51:42 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      7/22/2013 11:51:42 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Reciever.Run()
      7/22/2013 11:51:43 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Trying to reconnect to: 192.168.1.103:4025
      7/22/2013 11:51:48 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Reconnection OK
      7/22/2013 11:51:48 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Receiver::Run() A socket error has occured: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
      7/22/2013 11:51:48 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Reciever.Run()
      7/22/2013 11:51:49 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Trying to reconnect to: 192.168.1.103:4025

Rich

Comment

Hi Rich,

make sure you don't have a firewall or antivirus blocking the connection. Please try to disable windows firewall and anything else that could block the connection.

Also, can you access the EnvisaLink local web page from your HS machine?

Comment

No problems accessing the 192.168.1.103 local web page...

I'm running HS2 on a Windows Home Server WHS 2011 and I have a Cisco Router.

I was just thinking the same thing about the firewall so I adjusted the In and Out rules and added 4025 TCP... WORKS!!

OK now about MOTION Sensors... The Windows and Doors are all showing Open and Close fine. However, I am not getting any changes in the status of my Motion Sensors and I know someone is walking around the house. It maybe that I'm just missing the event occurring. I'll have to read through the logs now. I'm assuming the change in status of all these sensors etc. are logged in the HS2 log??

Thanks
          Rich

Comment

yes any message sent or received by the EnvisaLink interface is written to the HS log, so you should be able to see any status change of any zone in the log.

another easy way to check that it works, is to create an event that speak something when the zone device you want to check has its value changed. I n this case the trigger type to use is "Device value change".

Comment

I have posted a HS3 version of this plugin: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

Comment

Network Drop seemed to cause this error on HS2

FYI... Seems HS2 threw up a "Program Error" window. I used their link to report it there, however, it may be the plugin having some kind of issue with the network drop...

7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM
                Number must be either non-negative and less than or equal to Int32.MaxValue or -1.
                Parameter name: millisecondsTimeout
                HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.80
                Source: mscorlib
                Target: Void SleepInternal(Int32)
                Stack trace:
                at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
                at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.ReConnect()
                at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.ListenForData()
                at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Not certain... we did have the power go out. WHS 2011 system that HS was on was on battery backup but I found that the router was not... This caused the following entries in the LOG at this time:

7/24/2013 7:02:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Trying to reconnect to: 192.168.1.103:4025
                7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 192.168.1.103:4025
                7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server stopped
                7/24/2013 7:02:16 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Starting Scheduled Polling...

Comment

HS3 Plugin Beta Test

Thanks much for creating the plugin! I'm willing and able to help with the testing. Being a programmer, it's interesting to be on the QA side of things for a change.

'Object not set' errors in two function calls. Log:

7/24/2013 10:15:30 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Zone.Bypass()
                  7/24/2013 10:15:30 PM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  7/24/2013 10:15:30 PM Device Control Device: EnvisaLink Zone 1 to Bypass (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                  7/24/2013 10:09:30 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Partition.ExecuteRequest(TpiRequest req)
                  7/24/2013 10:09:30 PM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  7/24/2013 10:09:30 PM Device Control Device: EnvisaLink Partition 1 to Arm Stay (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext) at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext) at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext) at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMes senger`1.SendMessageAndWaitForResponse(IScsMessage message, Int32 timeoutMilliseconds) at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RemoteInvokePro xy`2.Invoke(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.WriteLog(String mtype, String message) at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Logger.Log(String line, ELogLevel level) at HSPI_ENVISALINK.ResponseHandler.EventOccured(IResponse response, IReciever r)
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.Poll()
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink ERROR ResponseHandler::EventOccured(): Thread was interrupted from a waiting state.
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Thread was interrupted from a waiting state.
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG LoginInteraction 0
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 005
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG LoginInteraction 3
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: StatusReport
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: TimeStampControl 1
                  7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: NetworkLogin 5555

Comment

Originally posted by rjbur View Post
                    FYI... Seems HS2 threw up a "Program Error" window. I used their link to report it there, however, it may be the plugin having some kind of issue with the network drop...

7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM
                    Number must be either non-negative and less than or equal to Int32.MaxValue or -1.
                    Parameter name: millisecondsTimeout
                    HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.80
                    Source: mscorlib
                    Target: Void SleepInternal(Int32)
                    Stack trace:
                    at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
                    at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.ReConnect()
                    at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.ListenForData()
                    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
                    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Not certain... we did have the power go out. WHS 2011 system that HS was on was on battery backup but I found that the router was not... This caused the following entries in the LOG at this time:

7/24/2013 7:02:01 PM ~!~Insteon~!~..Finished Scheduled Polling for 0 devices.
                    7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~Trying to reconnect to: 192.168.1.103:4025
                    7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM ~!~EnvisaLink~!~A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host 192.168.1.103:4025
                    7/24/2013 7:02:06 PM ~!~Web Server~!~Web Server stopped
                    7/24/2013 7:02:16 PM ~!~Insteon~!~Starting Scheduled Polling...
                    I guess you run version 1.0.0.1 of the plugin?
                    This error has been fixed in version 1.0.0.2 (which is not yet in the updater). You can download it from the first post of this thread.

Comment

According to this line:
                      this is a password problem. Another user recently had this same problem. It turned out it was due to his password being longer than 6 characters. The password must be 6 characters max, if you entered more than 6 characters in the local web page it actually only use the 6 first.

Originally posted by Ern View Post
                      Thanks much for creating the plugin! I'm willing and able to help with the testing. Being a programmer, it's interesting to be on the QA side of things for a change.

'Object not set' errors in two function calls. Log:

7/24/2013 10:15:30 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Zone.Bypass()
                      7/24/2013 10:15:30 PM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      7/24/2013 10:15:30 PM Device Control Device: EnvisaLink Zone 1 to Bypass (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      7/24/2013 10:09:30 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Partition.ExecuteRequest(TpiRequest req)
                      7/24/2013 10:09:30 PM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      7/24/2013 10:09:30 PM Device Control Device: EnvisaLink Partition 1 to Arm Stay (-1000) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext) at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext) at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext) at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMes senger`1.SendMessageAndWaitForResponse(IScsMessage message, Int32 timeoutMilliseconds) at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RemoteInvokePro xy`2.Invoke(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.WriteLog(String mtype, String message) at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Logger.Log(String line, ELogLevel level) at HSPI_ENVISALINK.ResponseHandler.EventOccured(IResponse response, IReciever r)
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Stack: at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout) at EnvisaLink.Communications.Communicator.Poll()
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink ERROR ResponseHandler::EventOccured(): Thread was interrupted from a waiting state.
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Thread was interrupted from a waiting state.
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 005
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG LoginInteraction 3
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: StatusReport
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: TimeStampControl 1
                      7/24/2013 10:09:18 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: NetworkLogin 5555

Comment

Changed password to a single character on the device's webpage network tab, closed page and verified login changed. Restarted HomeSeer also. Still get same errors. Log shows same call stack so I didn't post the log again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ern View Post
                          Changed password to a single character on the device's webpage network tab, closed page and verified login changed. Restarted HomeSeer also. Still get same errors. Log shows same call stack so I didn't post the log again.
                          hmmm, ....have you changed the password in Homeseer plugin config page too?

in the log when you see this line:
                          Code:
                          EnvisaLink    DEBUG Request: NetworkLogin XXXX
                          XXXX should be your password, can you confirm it's the correct value.

Comment

Ahh. yes. I have once again proved developers are often bad users. The DSC plugin has two places for passwords also (but both are alarm panel 4 digit codes) and I entered the same two in EnvisaLink. D'oh! Thanks for having patience in pointing out what should have been obvious.

Comment

No Icons

Hi Spud, I loaded up .3 and created the image folder "EnvisaLink" - the images do not show up - is the folder name case sensitive and if so is "EnvisaLink" correct - any ideas what might be wrong?

I don't see anything in the log but not sure what capture state to put it in or if anything would show up anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
                                Hi Spud, I loaded up .3 and created the image folder "EnvisaLink" - the images do not show up - is the folder name case sensitive and if so is "EnvisaLink" correct - any ideas what might be wrong?

I don't see anything in the log but not sure what capture state to put it in or if anything would show up anyway...
                                "EnvisaLink" is correct, but you need to delete the zone devices and let them be recreated when the plugin starts for the icons to show up.

Comment

Working...
                                X