This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stamatis View Post
    is it possible to get a zone status that shows if a zone is bypassed or not?
    no, unfortunately it is not possible

Comment

Hello, is it possible to have multiple connection instances of the app?

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
        Hello, is it possible to have multiple connection instances of the app?
        Do you mean controlling/monitoring multiple EnvisaLink from one HS3 instance?

Comment

Yes, exactly.

I have two panel 1864 in a single location, thus I would prefer to manage in a single HS3 instance.

Comment

Originally posted by brientim View Post
            Yes, exactly.

I have two panel 1864 in a single location, thus I would prefer to manage in a single HS3 instance.
            it's now possible with version 3.0.0.30 available here
            click the green '+' button to create a second instance of the plugin, when you start it, you will have access to a second config page, and a second set of device will be created.

Click image for larger version

Name:	multiinstance.png
Views:	2
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1184660

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              it's now possible with version 3.0.0.30 available here
              click the green '+' button to create a second instance of the plugin, when you start it, you will have access to a second config page, and a second set of device will be created.

[ATTACH]54182[/ATTACH]

Thank you spud. That is rapid development and fantastic support. I will test later tonight when I get home (it is morning here).

A long long time ago, I started a thread which introduced you too the Envisalink and the development of this app, so it is very good to be returning to HS3 and see the evolution that has occurred since.

Comment

Hello spud,

implement 3.0.0.30.
                Added new instance successful ly.
                Configured successfully.

Thank you.

Comment

Removing some partitions

Hi!

Testing out the plug in with a new setup here.

Can I safely delete zones not in use? The default DSC alarm panel setup has the wireless devices starting at 20 or something, so I'd like to delete 1-19 if that's safe to do.

I'm concerned that if I restart your plug-in that it will recreate the deleted zones?

Optionally, another update might be to use a text box and parse a comma separated list rather than a pull down of zones.

i.e. instead of a pulldown selecting 27,

A box where I can enter 20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                    Hi!

Testing out the plug in with a new setup here.

Can I safely delete zones not in use? The default DSC alarm panel setup has the wireless devices starting at 20 or something, so I'd like to delete 1-19 if that's safe to do.

I'm concerned that if I restart your plug-in that it will recreate the deleted zones?

Optionally, another update might be to use a text box and parse a comma separated list rather than a pull down of zones.

i.e. instead of a pulldown selecting 27,

A box where I can enter 20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
                    If you delete some partitions or zone devices they will be recreated on the next plug-in start up.
                    What you can do is hide the devices you don't use, or rename them, change their type, room, floor, so that you can easily filter them out in the device management page.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, I undertand how that part works. I just wanted to not have to deal with this type of clutter in an already large list of devices every time I work on an event.

Any ideas?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I understand the problem, and I may add an option to prevent the zone devices to be recreated at startup.

That being said in your example you could change the Floor to ZZZZ for all the zone devices you don't use, so that they are always at the end of the list in the event manager.

Comment

Did try that :-)

I appreciate the idea of an option to "not create deleted devices" that sounds pretty good.

The alpha idea doesn't work.. see snapshot below.

Out of curiosity, what language are the plug-ins written in? I'm a developer myself and might be interested in making something.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
                            I appreciate the idea of an option to "not create deleted devices" that sounds pretty good.

The alpha idea doesn't work.. see snapshot below.

Out of curiosity, what language are the plug-ins written in? I'm a developer myself and might be interested in making something.
                            The ability for zones in Vera with input of types, doors, sensors and smoke is not a concept introduced in HS.

The HomeSeer SDK can be found here

http://www.homeseer.com/support/home...ng_started.htm

And, this may assist

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178122

Comment

SPUD,
                              InstAug-29 11:39:50 AM
                              EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:45 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:43 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:41 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:39 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Installed your plug in using a EV4. Zones show up but nothing responds.

Comment

Originally posted by Gallina View Post
                                SPUD,
                                InstAug-29 11:39:50 AM
                                EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:45 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:43 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:41 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Aug-29 11:39:39 AM EnvisaLink ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Installed your plug in using a EV4. Zones show up but nothing responds.
                                Can you access the Config page of the plug-in, if so please set the log level to Debug, then restart the plugin and post all the log lines you get.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X