Little cyclic error (DateTime)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little cyclic error (DateTime)

yeah that's probably due to your system being in French. I will try to reproduce the problem and fix it
    In the meantime in your Region and Language settings you can try to set the Format to English to see if that fix the problem.

Comment

Well... I did that already.
      I change the local in the setting for english but it's not a real good test because ,probably, some part of windows stay in french.
      Working with DATE and TIME are really tricky in programming.
      It maybe comes from the Envisalink which return a date in english on a french system with an english Homeseer. ;-)
      Only an idea. But there is definitively something somewhere.
      I tried to change the logging in the plugin setting for Warning but when I do that I receive so many message that the plugin stop working. I have to shutdown the system to reset. I guess that something stay in memory.
      Good luck
      If I can help you I'll be happy

Comment

how often do you see this error?

in the version attached I have added some logs to help identify the problem, could you test it with log level set to debug and post your logs? You should see something like the following when the error happen:

Could not parse time = <time> taken from data = <data>
        Attached Files

Comment

I use to see these warning maybe 2 or 3 times each hour. Really random, 2 or 3 times in a short period when it was making it. Could it be related to the network?
          Right now your new version is on the system and working OK from now.
          It's in Debug mode and the only thing I got seems to be normal;
          Jun-17 08:50:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll
          Jun-17 08:50:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000
          Jun-17 08:52:04 EnvisaLink DEBUG TimeDateBroadcast 0852061714
          Jun-17 08:52:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll
          Jun-17 08:52:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000
          Jun-17 08:54:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll
          Jun-17 08:54:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000
          Jun-17 08:56:04 EnvisaLink DEBUG TimeDateBroadcast 0856061714
          Jun-17 08:56:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll
          Jun-17 08:56:36 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000

So I let it run and I come back if something happened.
          In a couple of day I'll put the logging in normal if it's OK.
          Look like there is TimeDateBroadcast every 2 minutes... guess it's normal.

Comment

Comment

are you running HS2 or HS3?
              version 3.0.0.13 of the plugin attached above is for HS3, and from your last logs it doesn't seem that's the version you are running. Could you make sure you have installed it correctly. When you start the plugin you should see this line in the log:
              Code:
              INFO EnvisaLink version 3.0.0.13

Comment

I'm running HS3 and... probably never upgrade your plugin.
                The reason why is because I don't goes in the long upgrade procedure.
                I simply extract the zip file in the Envisalink Update3 folder.
                Faster and simple.
                What I do realize after your post is that there is another file called HSPI_ENVISALINK.exe and config in the Homeseer HS3 folder and this one wasn't upgraded with the procedure I took.
                So I made the long procedure with the updater_override and now it's upgraded properly.
                My mistake sorry for loosing your time.
                I'm guessing it's where the problem coming from.
                Now it's running and for this moment no problem.

Comment

Strange, really strange.
                  As I wrote previously... the plugin work's OK.
                  It's on the good version now. v13
                  I don't know what to think. It seems that I get it always after 17:00. I try to find some kind of logic behind this.
                  It may not be your plugin. It's what's I get now;

Jun-18 17:55:06 EnvisaLink WARNING Could not parse time = 615C6FFC taken from data = F8FFFF000000000000000097F8FEFF000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000002
                  Jun-18 17:55:06 EnvisaLink ERROR ERROR, unknown commandvalue: F8F
                  Jun-18 17:55:06 EnvisaLink INFO Connection Lost, will try to reconnect in 10 seconds
                  Jun-18 17:55:16 EnvisaLink INFO Reconnection OK

Comment

here is what happens:
                    for some unknown reason your panel sends the EnvisalinkZoneTimerDump message to the plugin, all messages sent by the panel are supposed to have a timestamp at the beginning but this one doesn't, so the plugin fails to parse this message.

I can fix that, and this has nothing to do with your system being in French.

One question remaining is why does your panel sends this message, it is supposed to send it only if a DumpZoneTimers request is sent to the panel, which the plugin never does.

Comment

Thank you Spud,
                      So I start reading about Envisalink;
                      Auto-updates, It seem to be updated at 3:00 AM, so it should not be that.
                      DumpZoneTimers and "loss of time", they said that it came only after a power lost or battery failure. Not my case.
                      Reading in TPI docmentation; 849 command
                      bit 0 = Service is Required
                      bit 1 = AC Power Lost
                      bit 2 = Telephone Line Fault
                      bit 3 = Failure to Communicate
                      bit 4 = Sensor/Zone Fault
                      bit 5 = Sensor/Zone Tamper
                      bit 6 = Sensor/Zone Low Battery
                      bit 7 = Loss of Time
                      None of the above, Panel is not on a phone line, no fault.
                      Now I realize that it's really complicated.
                      Personally, only my 2 cents, The plugin is working great. Just trap the error in your code, so we don't see it. I suspect now the panel or the envisalink. There is so many option possible in the panel.
                      The plugin spend the day on debug mode and I didn't see it anymore.

Comment

I fixed the parsing problem in version 3.0.0.14 available here, so now messages without timestamp will be parsed correctly you will only see a log line at debug level saying that it could not find a timestamp.

as for why you get this DumpZoneTimers sent, I read that it is sent when another program tries to connect to the TPI, but it's your case?

Comment

A big big thank you Spud.
                          It's now up and running good with the new version.
                          Now it's time to play with your new feature... the PGM output.
                          It's been a long time then I try to find a solution for my front door LED.
                          I think you plugin will be great for that.
                          Now, with the panel option, it's steady LED when armed. I can now make a flash LED when in alarm and a steady LED when armed, a slow flash LED when arming state... and more and more.
                          Possibility are endless.
                          I'll probably will make some post on the DIY security system alarm forum after that. People would love that over there.
                          Thanks again.
                          Really appreciated.

Comment

cool thanks
                            post the DIY link here if you do

Comment

Working...
                            X