User Access
    EnvisaLink
    Yesterday
    3:51:58 P

3)

Thanks for any help.

Originally posted by rayvino View Post
    1)

Bypassed is not a possible status for a zone device so it's normal that you don't see it. I don't think there is reliable way to know if a zone has been bypassed using the API, do you see this information anywhere on the
    EyezOn website?

2) Under the plugin config setup I cannot get the User Settings to accept DSC User IDs. I type the numbers in but they disappear as soon as the page refreshes.
    I cannot replicate this problem can you set the log level to debug, and capture the problem, then post them as well as some screenshots of what you try to do.
    Also check in EnvisaLink.ini if anything is written in the [USERS] section

3)
    there is no "Armed Stay - Zero Entry Delay" button because nobody ever asked for it . I will add it in the next version of the plugin.
    Note that you can already do it from an Event action.

Comment

Hi Spud,

I have attached screenshots as requested (I don't know how to get them directly into the post).

1) Screenshots showing where in Eyz-on you can issue & see the results of the Bypass command.

2) Screenshots of where I am trying to put the DSC User IDs, I type it in and when I leave the page they are gone, as if there should be a Save button. I tried in IE and Chrome. EnvisaLink.ini

3) Thank you for adding the *9 command, as you can see in the screen shot this is one of the default commands in Eyez-On when you select Arm.

4) Error logs from a few hours ago (not much else running in HS3 right now.

Let me know if you need any thing else and thanks for your support, we get this going I will need another plugin or a second home and maybe UPB plugins.
      Attached Files

Comment

Spud,

You should be aware of the fact that I originally installed your Ademco plugin, on a trial basis, then decided to replace my alarm system with a DSC. I uninstalled your Ademco plugin, rebooted the PC before installing your DSC plugin but perhaps everything didn't get cleaned up in your plugin.

I searched the HS folder, envisalink.* and there seems to be a lot of files with Ademco in it? Please see attached screenshot and determine my best way to clean this up. Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

do you always get the errors in the log when you try to bypass a zone from HS?

when you bypass a zone (assuming it is the only opened zone), the partition device status should change from Not ready to Ready. Is this working? If not please post debug logs of what happens when you try to bypass.

what version of HS3 and the plugin are you running?
          in some versions of HS3 there were some issues with the function that write to ini file which may be the cause of your problems with user ids

Comment

Spud,

You should be aware of the fact that I originally installed your Ademco plugin, on a trial basis, then decided to replace my alarm system with a DSC. I uninstalled your Ademco plugin, rebooted the PC before installing your DSC plugin but perhaps everything didn't get cleaned up in your plugin.

I searched the HS folder, envisalink.* and there seems to be a lot of files with Ademco in it? Please see attached screenshot and determine my best way to clean this up. Thanks
            it is not a problem to have both EnvisaLink and EnvisaLinkAdemco plugins installed, but if you are not using it you can delete all EnvisaLinkAdemco files, namely:

HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.exe
            HSPI_EnvisaLinkAdemco.exe.config
            Config/EnvisaLinkAdemco.ini

Comment

Spud,
              I just installed this yesterday so it hasn't been working right since I installed it. Zone 9 showed open, I hit bypass, recorded the logs and the Ready light did come on but zone 9 still shows Status Unlock icon (not sure if this is normal, I thought under your Ademco plugin it went to lock?)

I deleted the 3 files you suggested, rebooted the machine. It still will not take the DSC User IDs.
              Plugin is 3.0.0.14 HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.97
              Attached Files

Comment

Spud,
                I just installed this yesterday so it hasn't been working right since I installed it. Zone 9 showed open, I hit bypass, recorded the logs and the Ready light did come on but zone 9 still shows Status Unlock icon (not sure if this is normal, I thought under your Ademco plugin it went to lock?)
                yes this is normal, if a zone is bypassed and opened, its corresponding device status will still be opened.
                What you want to check is that when you bypass a zone (and it is the only one opened or not bypassed) that the partition status switch from "Not Ready" to "Ready". Your logs show that it seems to work

Spud,
                I deleted the 3 files you suggested, rebooted the machine. It still will not take the DSC User IDs.
                Plugin is 3.0.0.14 HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.97
                still can't replicate this one
                could you try to enter only one id, then open EnvisaLink.ini and check if there is something in the [USERS] section. If there isn't try to change another setting like the log level and then reopen EnvisaLink.ini to see what has changed.

Comment

I have just one name in the User Settings section of the Plugin Config, ray when I enter a number into the DSC User IDs box like, 01 it takes but disappears upon refresh.

It did not change in the Envisalink.ini file, shows nothing under [USERS]. I changed the Log Level to Info, this did change in the ini file.

Just so I am clear, the User Settings name is the user in HS3 settings, yes? (I only have one) ray. And the plugin DSC User IDs is what is programed into the DSC panel by hitting *5 on the keypad, so partition 1, is user Code 01 with a password (by the way this alarm password is not the same as the Master Code which I left as default 1234).

I noticed there is a second Envisalink.ini file with nothing in it dated 12/27/2013, can/should this be deleted?

Comment

Spud,
                    What if I uninstalled the plugin, deleted any files in the Homeseer HS3 folder that I find by searching *envisalink* reboot and reinstall the plugin?

My only question is will it let me back in as a trial?

Comment

Just so I am clear, the User Settings name is the user in HS3 settings, yes? (I only have one) ray. And the plugin DSC User IDs is what is programed into the DSC panel by hitting *5 on the keypad, so partition 1, is user Code 01 with a password (by the way this alarm password is not the same as the Master Code which I left as default 1234).
                      yes. These settings are used to match one HS user with one or several DSC users

I noticed there is a second Envisalink.ini file with nothing in it dated 12/27/2013, can/should this be deleted?
                      how can you have two files with the same name in the same directory?

Comment

Spud,
                        What if I uninstalled the plugin, deleted any files in the Homeseer HS3 folder that I find by searching *envisalink* reboot and reinstall the plugin?

My only question is will it let me back in as a trial?
                        you can try to uninstall/delete/reinstall and it will let you back as a trial.

but I doubt this will make any difference, the problem is that for some reason the user ids are not writen to your EnvisaLink.ini file.

Comment

My mistake not the same file. How about my last post, uninstall, delete files, reboot? Will I be able to get back into the trial? thanks

Comment

My mistake not the same file.
                            so what and where is this second file you are talking about?
                            the date you mentioned suggest that it is the file that is installed by default when you install the plugin, but it should have been populated with your settings as soon as you changed something in the confgi page.

Comment

if it still doesn't save your id properly try to manually add the lines in EnvisaLink.ini:

Code:
                              [USERS]
                              ray###id=01

Comment

Working...
                              X