Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gets logged?

Hi Spud,

While experimenting with the plugin (3.0.0.17), I ran across a few puzzles. I have 'Logging off' set only for Motion detectors. Here's what I found:

1- Turning off logging for a Motion detector device works great, except that for every Motion detector activity the following log entries get trigged:
    EnvisaLink INFO Partition 1 status change: Ready - Force Arming Enabled
    EnvisaLink INFO Partition 1 status change: Ready
    So I thought of disabling the 'Partition' device logging, but I was worried I would lose arming and disarming events; so I did a test and found the following

2- I (away) armed at the DSC keypad, then disarmed. On the HS Device management page, Envisalink device 'User access' reflects who armed/disarmed and at what time; the 'Partition' device reflects the status of the partition and at what time it last changed. But in the log, I only see entries for the door opened and closed during my arming test, no entry about arming/disarming (who, when).

So, before digging further into this, can you tell me what should normally be logged by the plugin?

at INFO level what gets logged is:

- partition device status change
    - zone device status change
    - some information when the connection is lost and when the plugin tries to reconnect

I will add some logs when the user access deviice status change, i.e "Armed By <user>", "Disarmed By <user>"
    Will that solve your problem?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      at INFO level what gets logged is:

- partition device status change
      - zone device status change
      - some information when the connection is lost and when the plugin tries to reconnect

I will add some logs when the user access device status change, i.e "Armed By <user>", "Disarmed By <user>"
      Will that solve your problem?
      That would definitely be useful, thanks.

I realize now that it gets complicated. I thought I could turn logging off for the partition(s), but I guess I need to test some more to see what significant partition events I would lose
      Last edited by claude; December 5, 2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.18 I have added actions to enable/disable log of device status changes.
        And I have added some logs when the user access device status changes.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          in version 3.0.0.18 I have added actions to enable/disable log of device status changes.
          And I have added some logs when the user access device status changes.
          Just checked both new functions: work just great. Thanks.

Comment

logs

I installed 3.0.0.18 and don't see any new settings for the logs. My HS3 log is inundated with every action or status change from envisalink and if I try to change the log level from info to anything else (like warning or error), the plugin does not save the setting change. Other settings save just fine when changed.

Comment

Originally posted by adamgreenberg View Post
              I installed 3.0.0.18 and don't see any new settings for the logs. My HS3 log is inundated with every action or status change from envisalink and if I try to change the log level from info to anything else (like warning or error), the plugin does not save the setting change. Other settings save just fine when changed.
              the new setting is not in the config page but at the device level. From the device management page click on the device for which you want to disable the logs then click on the EnvisaLink tab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	device_config.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1175803

you are the second user reporting the problem on saving the log setting but I still can't replicate it. What version of HS are you using? what browser are you using? and could you post or pm the content of your Config/EnvisaLink.ini

Thanks

Comment

I'm using HS3 v.3.0.0.97

Google Chrome is my browser bu have also tried on internet explorer and have the same issue.

ini content (I've removed the passwords):

[ENVISALINK]
                host=192.168.0.29
                password=****
                [PANEL]
                master_code=****
                zone_count=26
                partition_count=1
                [GENERAL]
                log_level=Info
                [USERS]

Would love to get the config setting solved as that is my preferred solution. Appreciate any help you can provide.

Comment

very strange, no matter what I try I can't replicate it.

could you:
                  - stop the plugin
                  - download and unzip the attach file
                  - copy the exe file to your HS3 directory
                  - restart the plugin

then try to change the log level from the config page, and post here what is written to the logs

this version just add some log lines at the info level to try to see what happens on your system
                  Attached Files

Comment

Followed your instructions.

Same issue when I changed the config setting. It did not save.

Here is the log from when I stopped the plugin:

Jan-03 1:34:06 PM EnvisaLink INFO Flood status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:06 PM EnvisaLink INFO Car Door status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Reese Bathroom status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Bathroom - Master status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Reese's Bedroom status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Guest Bedroom status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Max's Room status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Carbon Monoxide status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Master Bedroom status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Landing status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Basement Bedroom status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Rec Room status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Garage Door status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Side Door status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Kitchen status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Family Room status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Kitchen status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Powder Room status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Heat status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Office status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Living Room status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM EnvisaLink INFO Front Door status change: Closed
                    Jan-03 1:34:05 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvisaLink
                    Jan-03 1:34:02 PM EnvisaLink INFO EnvisaLink version 3.0.0.20
                    Jan-03 1:34:02 PM Info Plugin EnvisaLink has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:52426
                    Jan-03 1:32:43 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: EnvisaLink

Comment

what I need is the log lines when you try to change the log level from the config page.
                      Did you try to do that after restarting the plugin?

Comment

no log entries were created when I changed the log level on the config page.

As a test, I did change the number of partitions from 1 to 2 and then back to 1 and it does generate the following logs so the plugin is capable of saving config setting changes

Jan-03 3:22:49 PM EnvisaLink INFO postBackProc data: id=partition_count&partition_count=1
                        Jan-03 3:22:34 PM EnvisaLink INFO postBackProc data: id=partition_count&partition_count=2

Comment

I found and fixed one potential problem, please test version 3.0.0.21 attached.

If it is still not working, please go to to the config page, right click on it then "View page source", then send me this source file.

thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

I installed 3.0.0.21 using the same instructions previously provided

as an aside, in the plug-in manage page, it still references 3.0.0.20, but my log file references 3.0.0.21 when i started the plugin

the log level config setting did not save, so the problem still exists. I did test other config setting (partitions) as I did last time and it did save as it did last time.

In the zip is the page source file in two formats
                            Attached Files

Comment

finally, I found the problem. Please test 3.0.0.22 attached

thank you for your help and patience.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X