Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logs are FLOODED with information -Fixed!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logs are FLOODED with information -Fixed!

    I updated yesterday and now my logs are flooded with information every time a sensor is opened or closed. It's spamming my log. The updater says I'm on .17 but I see here that you posted .18. Am I on .18 and the updater is showing the wrong version, similar to the issue I'm seeing with the Kinect plugin. It doesn't show that .18 is available and I don't recall which I was on before the update.

    I tried changing the log level to warning to no avail.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

  • #2
    hmm, changing the log level to warning should work as the new log lines are logged at the INFO level. Could you try it again?

    the version in the updater 3.0.0.17

    the latest beta version (posted in this forum) is 3.0.0.18, it has some settings at the device level to prevent logs for device status change.

    Comment


    • #3
      Changing the log level to warning doesn't work. It doesn't persist after I leave the config page. I've had this issue all along. I forgot.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Changing the log level to warning doesn't work. It doesn't persist after I leave the config page. I've had this issue all along. I forgot.
        it works for me with HS version 3.0.0.142. What HS version do you run?

        as a workaround you can change it manually in the EnvisaLink.ini file

        Code:
        [GENERAL]
        log_level=Warning
        then restart the plugin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by spud View Post
          it works for me with HS version 3.0.0.142. What HS version do you run?

          as a workaround you can change it manually in the EnvisaLink.ini file

          Code:
          [GENERAL]
          log_level=Warning
          then restart the plugin

          Right. Will do. But. Could you try to get to the bottom of why changing it doesn't from the config page doesn't work?
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by S-F View Post
            Right. Will do. But. Could you try to get to the bottom of why changing it doesn't from the config page doesn't work?
            yes, that's why I asked you what version of HS you are running, because I know there had been some version in which the function to write to ini files was buggy.

            also, could you try
            to change another setting and see if it is written to ini
            to test the same thing with another of my plugin.

            Comment


            • #7
              Woops. Sorry. I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off this morning. I'm on .149. I'll get back to you on the .ini settings in a bit.
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

              Comment


              • #8
                I can change things with the Kinect plugin and they stick. I'm not sure what I can change on the Envisalink config page without screwing things up though.
                Originally posted by rprade
                There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by S-F View Post
                  I can change things with the Kinect plugin and they stick. I'm not sure what I can change on the Envisalink config page without screwing things up though.
                  very weird that the same thing works with the kinect plugin, it is basically the same code.

                  you can backup your current EnvisaLink.ini to come back to a working config if something goes wrong.

                  any error in the log, when changing the log level?
                  do you run HS as Administrator?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I successfully changed the number of zones. So it seems like it's only the log level.

                    There is no error when trying to change the log level.

                    I am not running HS3 as admin. I tried that recently and I don't think it works on the newer versions.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      FYI, I fixed the log level not being saved correctly in version 3.0.0.22 available here

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ahhhhh. Thank you Sir!
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X