Disarmed isn't a trigger/condition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disarmed isn't a trigger/condition?

Why isn't disarmed a trigger or condition for this plugin? Am I missing something? Is Ready - Force Arming Enabled the same thing?
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

I have this working.
    Attached Files

Comment

I see. That's only a trigger though, not a condition. I guess that's what threw me off. So disarmed can't be a condition?

Comment

S-F, I am still learning how to use Events/Triggers/Conditions so you know more than I do.

I did look for it first where you did, "This device has a value...." and I would think it should be there, but I poked around and got it to work using the Envisalink: Received Message when I disarm the system from the keypad it sends a Zwave signal to the wall plugin module I have the radio connected to.

I keep the radio on a talk only news station playing very loud so when we walk into the house it was very annoying listening to it while we fumbled around to shut off the radio, now it turns off with the alarm disarm.

I'm experimenting with using other keys on the keypad to turn on/off devices, it seems Envisalink provides more information that the plugin doesn't pick up, which I think could be useful. I'm sure Spud will eventually incorporate these messages as he gets more requests.

Comment

Disarmed can't be used as a condition because it's more an action than a state of the system. When you disarm your system it switches from one of the "Armed" state to another state usually "Ready", "Not ready", or "Ready - Force Arming Enabled" (which means one interior zone is open, so you can arm in stay mode but not in away mode)

As rayvino said, to trigger an event when the system is disarmed you should use the EnvisaLink Partition Disarmed trigger

to test in a condition that the system is not in a "armed" state, you could add the following AND IF conditions
          Click image for larger version

Name:	conditions.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1175737

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X