Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can non-alarm/zone events be triggered from the keypad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can non-alarm/zone events be triggered from the keypad?

Hey all,

I've got a 12 year old Omni Pro II that I plan on replacing with a DCS 1864/Envisalink.

One functionality I have used with my Omni is the ability to sent commands to Homeseer. For example, on the alarm keypad, I can scroll through a series of events (Goodnight Mode, Nap Mode) etc., and then execute them with the # key. I have a Homeseer script which reads the "button" pressed and then I execute and event.

Is that possible with this combo and the correct keypad?

Thanks!

you can achieve some of that by using commands that are detected by the plugin, for example the plugin can detect when you press one of the panic key on the keypad, so you could use this to trigger a HomeSeer event.
    That being said not all key press are forwarded to the plugin, so you would have to use some commands that already have a meaning for your panel, which could lead to undesired behavior.

Comment

Hey Spud,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case.

I'll get around it with tablets.

BTW - Not related directly to the plug-in, but do you know if the DSC panel auto-bypasses zones that are not ready upon arming? It is a nice feature on the Omni for when I want to leave an upstairs window open and not go through the hassle of manually bypassing before arming.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post

BTW - Not related directly to the plug-in, but do you know if the DSC panel auto-bypasses zones that are not ready upon arming? It is a nice feature on the Omni for when I want to leave an upstairs window open and not go through the hassle of manually bypassing before arming.
        As far as I know there is no such feature with DSC panels

Comment

Regarding autozone bypassing in DSC panels, I have a DSC 1864 and I believe this can be programed for a particular zone.

Enter programming mode, select the Zone Attributes (say for zone 07 enter field 107) then toggle attribute 5 to on, Force Arming. To allow manual Bypass you toggle attribute 4 to on.

Comment

Working...
          X