EnvisAlarm service -- anyone using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnvisAlarm service -- anyone using?

I'm considering switching over our alarm system to a DSC 1864 system. The Envisalink plug in would do most of the day to day stuff, but I still want a monitored system. Is anyone using the EnvisAlarm service? Price point is very reasonable.

No but it is tempting. I would love to hear anyone's experience with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The price is quite good!

Comment

I've had alarm relay alarmrelay.com and envisalarm seems like the same setup, maybe even the same. The setup was easy and service was great. Never had a problem. Keep in mind that most of these services bill a years worth up front. I'm redoing my alarm w envisalink adapter and I'll sign up envisalarm when I finish.

Tom
        Tom
        baby steps...starting again with HS3
        HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
        HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
        Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
        In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
        System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
          I've had alarm relay alarmrelay.com and envisalarm seems like the same setup, maybe even the same. The setup was easy and service was great. Never had a problem. Keep in mind that most of these services bill a years worth up front. I'm redoing my alarm w envisalink adapter and I'll sign up envisalarm when I finish.

Tom
          How does alarmrelay.com function -- IP, cellular, ?

Comment

Alarm Relay was via phone or cellular. They weren't IP before, but it may be now. The other thing is most setups like this will bill one year in advance and there is no prorating. On the upside you can't beat the prices and service. You get the same stuff the big boys(ADT, ect) charge at a fraction of the cost with no long term commitment(2-3yrs at min $39/mo).
            There are a lots of local radio ads by large alarm companies here trying to scare people from remote alarm monitoring, because they know can't compete on price.
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Right now we're using Protection One with Alarm.com. It's OK enough, but pricey -- $40/month with the interactive features (that I would do through HS instead). It was installed many many years ago, so we're on a month to month plan. It's an old GE panel.

At our other house we signed a five year (!) contract with a local provider via Alarm.com. I was excited because they used 2gig equipment with z-wave, but of course, I can't actually integrate the alarm into *my* z-wave network. Rather, I could use z-wave devices to control through them. Short sighted on their part I think.

Comment

Working...
              X