Trapping button keypress on Wireless Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trapping button keypress on Wireless Key

Greetings. The DSC WS4959 wireless (code rolling) remote fob can send 12 unique commands. Four buttons are seen as Stay,Away,Disarm and Panic. Is there any way for an event to trap and act upon button presses 4 thru 12 These are second and third level buttons.

As far as I can tell the RFK5500 does not support the 3rd level commands 9-12 but I sure would like to be able to detect and act upon the 2nd level button key-presses. The 3rd level can still be used with code-roll receivers.

Is there a way of using the wireless keys as sort of zones so we could act on them ?

I don't know anything about the WS4959 but if you set the log level to debug in the plugin config page it will log any message it receives from the panel, so you can try to press one button on your keyfob and see if any message is received, if not there is not much I can do...

Comment

No data shown for extended wireless key commands

Thanks for the reply, so there is no data stream for extended keypresses that I noticed. Is the "debug" all the raw data from the EnvisaLink or has it been filtered at all ?

Comment

at debug level all the data coming from the EnvisaLink is logged, even the messages that the plugin does not understand

Comment

Update: debug info visible after correctly enabling PGM Outputs

So I finally got around to trapping the extended key presses from the WS4959 keyfobs. Log data shows 4 unique events. HS can only act on them as a group so if PGMs trigger I can trap that in an event. The plugin will not discriminate between the 4 events.

Log
          Jul-01 12:33:24 EnvisaLink INFO Partition 1 status change: Not Ready
          Jul-01 12:33:24 EnvisaLink DEBUG PartitionNotReady 1
          Jul-01 12:33:19 EnvisaLink DEBUG PgmOutputisinProgress 1
          Jul-01 12:33:19 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandOutputPressed 14
          Jul-01 12:33:16 EnvisaLink INFO Partition 1 status change: Not Ready
          Jul-01 12:33:16 EnvisaLink DEBUG PartitionNotReady 1
          Jul-01 12:33:11 EnvisaLink DEBUG PgmOutputisinProgress 1
          Jul-01 12:33:11 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandOutputPressed 13
          Jul-01 12:33:10 EnvisaLink INFO Partition 1 status change: Not Ready
          Jul-01 12:33:10 EnvisaLink DEBUG PartitionNotReady 1
          Jul-01 12:33:05 EnvisaLink DEBUG PgmOutputisinProgress 1
          Jul-01 12:33:05 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandOutputPressed 12
          Jul-01 12:33:01 EnvisaLink INFO Partition 1 status change: Not Ready
          Jul-01 12:33:01 EnvisaLink DEBUG PartitionNotReady 1
          Jul-01 12:32:56 EnvisaLink DEBUG PgmOutputisinProgress 1
          Jul-01 12:32:56 EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandOutputPressed 11
          End Log

My event:

This is a very good start and might be the only way to get good use out of these fabulous enhanced keyfobs. The extra buttons will allow me to open garage overhead or a Z-Wave lock etc....can't wait to do more with this.

Comment

I can add a trigger for CommandOutputPressed and discriminate between the 4 outputs.
            But I can't discriminate with PgmOutputisinProgress, because the output # is not sent with this message

Comment

In version 3.0.0.25 available here, I have added the ""Command Output Pressed" trigger in which you can select a specific output number.

Comment

Nice upgrade

Originally posted by spud View Post
                In version 3.0.0.25 available here, I have added the ""Command Output Pressed" trigger in which you can select a specific output number.
                Thanks so much this works very well.

I thought the PGMs were partition agnostic. If the partition number is usable could I potentially use different outputs per partition? I have 12 outputs that I would like to use plus 2 more on the hardwired keypads. I have no idea how I can get access to those outputs through Envisalink.

Now to spend the weekend spinning new code.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
                  I thought the PGMs were partition agnostic. If the partition number is usable could I potentially use different outputs per partition? I have 12 outputs that I would like to use plus 2 more on the hardwired keypads. I have no idea how I can get access to those outputs through Envisalink.
                  I added the partition number as a parameter because the specification says it is send along with this message. For example when you see this in the logs:

Code:
                  Jul-01 12:33:11           EnvisaLink     DEBUG CommandOutputPressed 13
                  13 means partition 1, output 3

for outputs > 4, try to trigger them and check the logs to see if you see something

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I added the partition number as a parameter because the specification says it is send along with this message. For example when you see this in the logs:

Code:
                    Jul-01 12:33:11           EnvisaLink     DEBUG CommandOutputPressed 13
                    13 means partition 1, output 3

for outputs > 4, try to trigger them and check the logs to see if you see something
                    I will try this and report back. May be a while. My PC5208 is mounted but not yet wired. For now I am using the PGMs on the main board and the keypads. I plan to wire it with status LEDs to give a better view of what is being toggled.

Comment

Working...
                    X