Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial DSC setup and Envisalink

Hey Spud,

I am in the process of installing alarm panel. Next step is to power it up and try to figure out setup through keypad. And of course, buy your plug-in!
    Since Envislink connects to keypad wires, can it be used to do all the alarm configuration or will I need to do it on keypads 1st?
    And if I need use keypad 1st, will it need to do ALL naming etc, or can Envisalink take care of rest of config it I assign simple zones etc?

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
    Hey Spud,

I am in the process of installing alarm panel. Next step is to power it up and try to figure out setup through keypad. And of course, buy your plug-in!
    Since Envislink connects to keypad wires, can it be used to do all the alarm configuration or will I need to do it on keypads 1st?
    I think it's easier to use a keypad. To do the configuration using EnvisaLink and the plugin I would have to add a SendKeyStroke action or a virtual keypad page to the plugin

And if I need use keypad 1st, will it need to do ALL naming etc, or can Envisalink take care of rest of config it I assign simple zones etc?
    There is no name stored at the panel level, I think the name you enter for a zone from a keypad is stored at the keypad level.
    This is the same thing for the plugin, the zone device default names are Zone1, Zone 2, etc... but you can rename them to anything you want

Comment

Thanks. Can you see any problems with a staged implementation?
      I plan do only do 8-16 zones initially. And then add more expander panels as I get the time. If I load Envisalink after only the first stage, will I be able to easily update new zones to your software as added or will it create later problems for me?

Comment

Thanks. Can you see any problems with a staged implementation?
        I plan do only do 8-16 zones initially. And then add more expander panels as I get the time. If I load Envisalink after only the first stage, will I be able to easily update new zones to your software as added or will it create later problems for me?
        that won't be a problem, you will just have to increase the number of zones from the config page and then the plugin will create the new zone devices

Comment

I can confirm that zone labels are stored in the keypad. There is a function to broadcast labels from a keypad so that secondary keypads learn the labels, but I don't think Envisalink sends this information.

Comment

Hi Spud, have finally installed zones 9-48.
            However, only the first 16 show in your plugin - the others show in device management but don't actually do anything. I have confirmed through programming code 903 that they all are recognized on my DSC panel.
            Have also rebooted EVERTHING a couple times too.
            Any thoughts?

Comment

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am thinking about a DSC panel with the Envisalink interface. The question I have is about latency. I am currently interfacing DSC PIR motion sensors through Arduinos for interior motion controlled lighting. The sensors have about a 1 second delay, the Arduino to HS communication is instant.

Would I expect any delays using a DSC panel and communicating with HomeSeer over IP with the Envisalink interface?
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi Spud, have finally installed zones 9-48.
                However, only the first 16 show in your plugin - the others show in device management but don't actually do anything. I have confirmed through programming code 903 that they all are recognized on my DSC panel.
                Have also rebooted EVERTHING a couple times too.
                Any thoughts?
                not sure I understand "the first 16 show in your plugin - the others show in device management". Where do you expect do see the zones in addition to the device management page?

could you try to set the log level to Debug, then open/close one of the zone that doesn't work and see in the logs what messages you get if any?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am thinking about a DSC panel with the Envisalink interface. The question I have is about latency. I am currently interfacing DSC PIR motion sensors through Arduinos for interior motion controlled lighting. The sensors have about a 1 second delay, the Arduino to HS communication is instant.

Would I expect any delays using a DSC panel and communicating with HomeSeer over IP with the Envisalink interface?
                  I encourage other users to comment on this, but from my experience the communication from the panel to HS3 through EnvisaLink is instant for me.

Comment

Solved this problem

EDIT: Thanks Spud - My DSC auto registered zones 9-16, but I had to turn 17-48 on in programming 204-207. Sorry about that.
                    Your plug-in continues to work great for me.

Hi Spud,

Here is the HS3 log, was unsure if you had own envisalink log.
                    NONE of the devices 17-48 register any changes within homeseer.
                    I walked past ALL motions before sending this log and screen cap.

Dec-13 5:53:42 PM
                    EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000 Dec-13 5:53:42 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll Dec-13 5:53:18 PM Device Control Device: Main Virtual Den Hue Control to Daylight (80) Dec-13 5:53:18 PM Event Event Trigger "Den Den Daylight" Dec-13 5:53:18 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Motion Sensor - Den Set to On/Open/Motion Dec-13 5:52:43 PM EnvisaLink INFO Z1 - Front Door status change: Closed Dec-13 5:52:43 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG ZoneRestored 001 Dec-13 5:52:42 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Motion Sensor - Den Set to Off/Closed/No Motion Dec-13 5:52:35 PM EnvisaLink INFO Z1 - Front Door status change: Opened

Dec-13 5:52:35 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG ZoneOpen 001

Dec-13 5:51:42 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000 Dec-13 5:51:42 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll

Last edited by ; December 14, 2015, 01:52 PM. Reason: Solved

Comment

I have been very pleased with the almost instant reporting of my DSC motions through this plugin. So much so, that I have run more wires just to use these instead of battery ones. Of course, it is also great for other actions for door opens etc. Surprised you don't already have it Randy!

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Comment

I have been very pleased with the almost instant reporting of my DSC motions through this plugin. So much so, that I have run more wires just to use these instead of battery ones. Of course, it is also great for other actions for door opens etc. Surprised you don't already have it Randy!
                        I am so much happier with wired PIRs than Z-Wave for a couple of reasons. They are generally much faster and there are some much more sophisticated sensors.

For testing I am using Arduino inputs, long term I am planning on going with a panel if I decide to move to a real security system.
                        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

@ Randy,

I have a bunch of el cheapo DSC PIRs and combined with an 1864 panel and the Envisalink plugin response times are basically instantaneous. I also have doors wired up. Also my bed occupancy sensor is wired to the panel and has been flawless from day #1.
                          Originally posted by rprade
                          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hi Spud,

Here is the HS3 log, was unsure if you had own envisalink log.
                            NONE of the devices 17-48 register any changes within homeseer.
                            I walked past ALL motions before sending this log and screen cap.

Dec-13 5:53:42 PM
                            EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000 Dec-13 5:53:42 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll Dec-13 5:53:18 PM Device Control Device: Main Virtual Den Hue Control to Daylight (80) Dec-13 5:53:18 PM Event Event Trigger "Den Den Daylight" Dec-13 5:53:18 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Motion Sensor - Den Set to On/Open/Motion Dec-13 5:52:43 PM EnvisaLink INFO Z1 - Front Door status change: Closed Dec-13 5:52:43 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG ZoneRestored 001 Dec-13 5:52:42 PM Z-Wave Device: Main Motion Sensor - Den Set to Off/Closed/No Motion Dec-13 5:52:35 PM EnvisaLink INFO Z1 - Front Door status change: Opened

Dec-13 5:52:35 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG ZoneOpen 001

Dec-13 5:51:42 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000 Dec-13 5:51:42 PM EnvisaLink DEBUG Request: Poll

Do these zones work in your DSC system, i.e if your arm your system in away mode and open one of them does it trigger the alarm?

If you go to the envisalink web interface (http://envisalink/), are the zones status correct there?
                            (BTW, you can try to reboot the envisalink boad from this same web interface in the network page)

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              Do these zones work in your DSC system, i.e if your arm your system in away mode and open one of them does it trigger the alarm?
                              I Don't use it as alarm and many zones should show open as not connected. I'd guess that to be a problem except that 9-16 added fine. ALL zones present on Envisalink website - BUT they are all listed as CLOSED and most are not.

All zones show properly done on DSC and expanders are listed here:
                              2015-12-13 15:57:53 - PC5400 Supervisory Restore
                              2015-12-13 15:57:52 - Zone Expander 5 Supervisory Restoral
                              2015-12-13 15:57:52 - Zone Expander 4 Supervisory Restoral
                              2015-12-13 15:57:51 - Zone Expander 3 Supervisory Restoral
                              2015-12-13 15:57:51 - Zone Expander 2 Supervisory Restoral
                              2015-12-13 15:57:50 - Zone Expander 1 Supervisory Restoral

Does Envisalink need additional programming to add more than 16 zones?

Comment

Working...
                              X